Retromags To-Do List for the site

E-Day

• Retromags Curator

There is always something to be done on this site, but I don't think there is a list somewhere to keep track of those things. So in order to hopefully keep better track of things that need to be done on the, this topic will list outstanding issues/fixes/changes, so that it's easy to find. Anyone can suggest things below, and valid ones will be added to this post. As things are fixed, they'll be crossed off. Similar to the post in the magazine section for issues with scans.

So far we have:

• Fix the Tips & Tricks magazine database (Phillyman!!)
  • Update the FAQ page
  • Update and restore the scanning guides
  • Fix the Retromags News section so topics are not closed automatically
  • Fix the database page credits to allow multiple names (currently only the creator of the entry is credited - anyone who edits the entry with new information gets no credit)
  • Create newbie-friendly guides not just for scanning/editing, but for ALL forms of contributions (data entry/cover images/donations) & link them in the FAQ
  • Fix the sort order in the galleries to sort in "caption" order
  • Fix image uploader so it doesn't add strings of gibberish to the title of any filename that has spaces in it (this may be fixed in the upcoming image uploader upgrade?)

Got something else? Post it below!

• Like 2

• Fix the database page credits to allow multiple names (currently only the creator of the entry is credited - anyone who edits the entry with new information gets no credit)
  • Create newbie-friendly guides not just for scanning/editing, but for ALL forms of contributions (data entry/cover images/donations) & link them in the FAQ
  • Fix the sort order in the galleries to sort in "caption" order
  • Fix image uploader so it doesn't add strings of gibberish to the title of any filename that has spaces in it (this may be fixed in the upcoming image uploader upgrade?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Depressor said:

- restore the ability to see your post without tags... i want to see this - "[ сolor= ][ b ]Retromags[ /b ][ /сolor ] [ сolor= ][ size= ]Present[ /size ][ /сolor ]" instead of Retromags Present. Maybe i do something wrong but i can't edit the second.

Just click the "source" button on the far left.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, E-Day said:

The FAQ page has been updated to reflect our rolling cut-off date, as well as to provide information about Patron status and links to more info about it as well as a link to the store.

You should probably edit the cutoff dates.  It says both defunct and ongoing magazines have a cut-off of 10 years.

• 2 years later...

Some optional payment will be good, like secure by VISA or Fasterpay for example.

My debit card cant pay subscription, because there's no secure by VISA or Fasterpay.

Dont know if you want to do it or not, just my suggestion for payment. 

I dont want to be a "ghost" status, so what I can do to support you is by paying some subscription, but no I cant do it.

Dont have CC btw, just VISA debit that's limited to "secure by VISA" or Fasterpay.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I love the work done here and all your efforts, so I would like to contribute, even by a small amount, with some suggestions if you may please:

• Add a collection (Torrent) of files in the Gallery (images) so we can have them in like the magazines, any newly updated or released files after that can be provided via separate update packs like the existing ones, they should be lighter in size than the magazines
  • Add to Strategy Guides, Categories: DoubleJump, Futurepress, Piggyback