Post Upgrade Problems (Post Em Here)

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

We had a pretty significant upgrade this afternoon. As such let me know if any issues that you see around the site. They can be outstanding issues that should have been fixed by now, or new ones that you notice today. Screenshots are appreciated.

Ones I know so far.....

• People Using Ortem, Carbon or Wireless for their theme, may not be displaying correctly. I am awaiting new versions of these skins to become available over the next few days.
  • The Navigation Buttons have broken out of the box under the magazine cover in the Magazine Database.
  • The Gallery is still not sorting by Title/Caption in Alphabetical Descending order.

Found a problem.  The leaderboard top members no longer sort properly.

Categories that do not sort correctly:

• Images (I'm next to last :lol:)
  • albums
  • files
  • blog entries
  • issues
Also, regarding the "most images" category, it only lists 8 members (out of order).  Before, it listed everyone who had uploaded at least one gallery pic.

I might not have stumbled upon it yet, but the shoutbox appears to be missing. It was entertaining, reading through your chatter and trying to figure out what it was you guys were going on about...

Nevermind, it isn't on the main page of the site, but on the forum tab, it's there.

Alright, this time it's personal. :cursing:  In addition to the "top members" not sorting the categories correctly, it isn't recording my image uploads at all anymore.

I know for a fact when I went to bed last night that I had 6982 images uploaded.  I had checked because I knew I was approaching 7000, and after seeing I only had 18 more to go, I knew I'd be able to surpass that today.

However, after waking up to the new software update, I've uploaded 12 images so far and I just noticed that my total images number hasn't changed and is still 6982.  So I guess I'll cease uploading anything to the site until that gets fixed.  Probably in 6-8 months, if past problems are any indication. :lol:  Hey, what else do I have to show for my efforts if not that insignificant little number??

• Retromags Curator
4 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Alright, this time it's personal. :cursing:  In addition to the "top members" not sorting the categories correctly, it isn't recording my image uploads at all anymore.

I know for a fact when I went to bed last night that I had 6982 images uploaded.  I had checked because I knew I was approaching 7000, and after seeing I only had 18 more to go, I knew I'd be able to surpass that today.

However, after waking up to the new software update, I've uploaded 12 images so far and I just noticed that my total images number hasn't changed and is still 6982.  So I guess I'll cease uploading anything to the site until that gets fixed.  Probably in 6-8 months, if past problems are any indication. :lol:  Hey, what else do I have to show for my efforts if not that insignificant little number??

Weird, in the backend it shows you with these numbers, I will put in a ticket.

2017-07-27 08_10_15-kitsunebi77's Image Statistics.png

2017-07-27 08_10_57-Top Uploaders.png

1 minute ago, Phillyman said:

I think the leaderboard only rebuilds once per day, but yeah the sorting has been reported to IPS.

I guess we'll see.  I know the leaderboard only updates once per day, but I had been pretty sure that the "top members" section kept current stats (I guess I could be mistaken about that). But I wasn't kidding when I said I checked last night and had 6982, the same as now.  And if you look at the times of the pics I uploaded today, there are 12 of them from after the software update.  So it should be 6994 now, not 6993 as it shows on your pic.  Obviously one number is no big deal, but it could be a sign that things are still a little messed up.  I'll hold off for a while until I know what's what.  It's not like anyone's impatiently waiting on me to upload more covers anyway :P

OK.  I take it back.  I'm 100% positive that the pre-upgrade site updated the "images" stats in real time.  The only thing it did on a daily basis was assign trophies to the leaderboard (which had nothing to do with any stat other than "likes.")  All stats accessible via the "top members" tab were updated instantly.  I remembered how when I hit 5000 and 6000 images, I checked the stats beforehand so I could upload the precise number I needed to hit those numbers so I could take a screenshot.  I didn't have to wait a day for the stat number to update - it was instantaneous.

Yet now, for some reason, even though other things like "likes"  --sorry-- "points" and "content count" are updated instantly, "images" only updates once every 24 hours, even though as Philly showed, it can manage to update them just fine on a page only he has access to.  I realize this matters to literally no one but me, but goddamn do I find these random and pointless regressions in site utility infuriating.  Software upgrades are supposed to make things better, not break them.  We are paying real money for it, right?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Phillyman said:

Now we wait

I've been waiting.

I was born waiting.:P

Seriously.  I uploaded my 7000th pic 15 hours ago and I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for the site to update so I can get a screenshot for my own self-aggrandizing museum of tributes to myself.

I totally understand your frustration bud. I use UPS' website nearly every day at work, and since their recent re-do of the site, keyboard functionality is berked. Unfortunately, this has the effect of slowing me down, which isn't helpful with as busy as we are... Dumb as this sounds, the enter key does not fetch results like it has since, oh, I dunno, the invention of the enter key? You have to scroll down and click the "update" button. I'd slap somebody, once I am done holding my forehead in my hand, trying unsuccessfully to cope with the stupidity...

You would think that the requirement for a software or site upgrade would be, "does everything work that worked before?" If not, then do not release until it does.

23 hours ago, Phillyman said:

They confirmed it was a bug, said it will be fixed in the next minor revision. Now we wait

Hmm...it's been over 24 hours since I uploaded anything...should have 7000 now...but the image count still hasn't updated.  So I guess it doesn't update once per day.  Once every 48 hours?  Once per week?  Once in a lifetime?:rolleyes:

Let the waiting...continue.

• Retromags Curator
On 7/29/2017 at 5:02 AM, kitsunebi77 said:

Hmm...it's been over 24 hours since I uploaded anything...should have 7000 now...but the image count still hasn't updated.  So I guess it doesn't update once per day.  Once every 48 hours?  Once per week?  Once in a lifetime?:rolleyes:

Let the waiting...continue.

Captured!

2017-08-02 14_30_06-Retromags Leaderboard.png

4 hours ago, Phillyman said:

Captured!

For a second there, you had me thinking it was fixed.  Just uploaded an image.  No change.  Let's see if it takes another 6 days this time.

By the way, the sorting is still broken, but if it helps, I noticed that putting it in "most images" sort order actually puts everyone in the order of the date that they joined Retromags (which is why I'm way down at the bottom)