( 。)( 。) Table of Bewbs

kitsunebi

LOL.  Just saw this in a recent issue of Famitsu.  It's a table of contents for their coverage of several games in the Senran Kagura franchise based on the characters' breasts.  Because why pretend anyone cares about anything else, I guess?

There is a bad pun at the top:  "乳ゲーム特集” is pronounced "nyuuu game (new game) tokushuu (special report)", but the character 乳 (nyuu) can also be pronounced "chichi" which means "breasts", making it the "Senran Kagura Breast Games Special Report"

Oh Japan, you and your puns.  And flagrant perviness.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Ethereal Dragonz said:

Ah Japan, please never change.

I was actually at karaoke last night with a bunch of co-workers, all guys.  At some point, they selected an option I'd never seen before on the menu where the normal cheesy videos that play in the background were replaced by videos of girls who would undress and dance around seductively based on how well you were singing (it analyzes pitch, rhythm, volume, etc.)  It was especially funny if you sang poorly - the clothes would go back on and the girls would start pouting and throwing you dirty looks. :lol: Sexism is definitely still alive and well in Japan.  Normally, there are at least a couple of women with us at these things, so that's probably why I'd never seen anyone select this option before...

• Haha 1

• Retromags Curator
3 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

I was actually at karaoke last night with a bunch of co-workers, all guys.  At some point, they selected an option I'd never seen before on the menu where the normal cheesy videos that play in the background were replaced by videos of girls who would undress and dance around seductively based on how well you were singing (it analyzes pitch, rhythm, volume, etc.)  It was especially funny if you sang poorly - the clothes would go back on and the girls would start pouting and throwing you dirty looks. :lol: Sexism is definitely still alive and well in Japan.  Normally, there are at least a couple of women with us at these things, so that's probably why I'd never seen anyone select this option before...

Dear lord...that's sexist as hell AND hilarious all at the same time. :)

...aaaand since this is the official "Japan is a bunch of sexist perverts" thread, it just so happened that the very next cover of Famitsu I uploaded was this one:

large.59d84ce7540a4_Famitsu0180(May291992).jpg

Now imagine a Nintendo Power cover with Nester leering like a pervert as he peeks under Princess Peach's dress.  Because had that mag been Japanese, it probably would have happened.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, te72 said:

I'm pretty sure there's an "oh Japan..." meme out there somewhere, no? Pervy though it may seem, so long as it is all in good fun and nobody's assaulted as a result, Japanese culture toward this sort of thing is rather entertaining.

I agree that such things in a fictional context can be entertaining so long as people retain perspective enough to never be amused by such behavior in reality, but there are definitely problems that shouldn't be glossed over, and taking an "oh, Japan" point of view is one of them.  They actually take that same attitude within Japan, although it's more a "oh, perverted men" attitude.  There's just a sort of feeling that perverts are everywhere, "but aw shucks, what can you do?"  But having a need for "women-only" cars on trains due to rampant groping and molestation is not something that should be glossed over with an aw shucks attitude. 

The portrayal of lechers and perverts in popular media is almost always played to comic effect, Image result for master roshi pervert but I suspect being subjected to such people in reality isn't amusing for the women who are targeted. 

There is a lot of talk in America about "rape culture,"  and it probably applies here as well, especially since the perpetrators so often get away scott-free.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/11/05/national/media-national/dubious-cost-sexual-assault-japan/#.WdlfP4hLdPY

I was afraid that might be the case there as well. Most unfortunate indeed. Talking about it is as good a place to start in order to right that wrong...

Was watching a show recently that discussed how rampant it is in India. I wonder if population density leads to ambivalence?

• Retromags Curator
21 hours ago, te72 said:

Was watching a show recently that discussed how rampant it is in India. I wonder if population density leads to ambivalence?

I don't think it's population density so much as it is cultural response. For years it seemed like the US had no issues with domestic abuse because culturally such things weren't talked about. Then, when we did start discussing it, there was a giant backlash: "Sure, I spank my kids when they get out of line, but my dad whipped the hell out of me until I was eighteen and left home, and I turned out OK, so what's the problem?" or "I mean, yeah, I've smacked my wife a couple of times when she got hysterical, but I'm not some abusive asshole like some of the guys I know!" or "I might call my husband a nasty name every so often or make fun of him in front of my friends, but he's a man...isn't he supposed to take it like one?"

Until we socially "have the talk" and get it all out in the open, issues rarely change one way or the other. There's a fine line between humor and insult, but it may be impossible to determine what crosses the line if the silent minority cannot speak up about it. Japan, much like the US, has areas where they have yet to socially "have the conversation" so they can figure out how to make things better. They're only just now discussing their culture of overwork, and realizing that forcing employees to work hundreds of hours of overtime every month is detrimental to health and morale. What changes will be interesting to see, but the shake-up may be starting here. :)

*huggles*
Areala

Very well said. Call me crazy, but I always thought love and peace was a pretty good way to go about your interactions with people. I can say, it's genuinely cool to see people call folks out in public when they have it coming. "Hey, you're being an asshole, why don't you dial it back a notch before you say something you'll regret to people you love?"

You speak of the line... That's the trouble with comedy. Some people have a line that is very close to what some would consider a lack of a sense of humor. Others? Some fall so far to the other side of that line, that you wonder if they have boundaries at all. I fall a lot closer to that second scenario, though I lack even the slightest bit of malice in my heart, I will laugh at anything I find funny. Perhaps that is where the line is... the line is determined by malice. If you say something as a joke, or do something as a joke, and have malice as your inspiration? You're the asshole.

Tough to find that line sometimes, I'll admit. Any sort of assault or bullying? Fuck off, that's not cool in my book.