GameShark Magazine (Need database entry)

FreshLaundry

Greetings,

I am new to this website and would have Scans of Issues 25-31 of GameShark Magazine to share with you guys.

I've tried submitting my files but the GameShark Magazine Entry under Videogame Magazines > United States is not present.

I've read the How to submit files section and have read to Request the addition of a section to Admins in order to submit in a clean and easy to manage fashion.

Could someone add this section please?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Marc

• Like 1

Greetings,

These scans were found while scavenging the internet.

The original source is from here: https://retrocdn.net/Category:GameShark_Magazine_scans

Am I allowed to reupload while stating the original source of the content?

I know these could be upgraded with a bit of Photoshop love but I would still not be the original scanner :/

Actually, every mag you see available for download at Retromags was scanned by one of our members in keeping with our quality standards.  Scans found elsewhere on the web aren't allowed to be uploaded here, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about them and enjoy them!

If they were found on RetroCDN, it's likely that they originated elsewhere.  RetroCDN has almost no original content and is just a collection of scans they've taken from here and there (including our site).  Unfortunately, they usually shrink and compress the file to make it smaller, diminishing the quality significantly.  So it's entirely possible that a better version of those files exists at whatever website they took them from originally.  Anybody know for sure?

Now that I look at them, those mags are pretty small already, so I doubt RetroCDN had any reason to shrink them.  Looks like that's as good as they get (unless somebody here has plans to scan them someday).:)

For anyone interested, I'd recommend you get them from archive.org (plus they have an issue or two that RetroCDN haven't pilfered yet:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=gameshark magazine

They are from Quebec (Saint-Louis, Léry). They were sold in grocery stores and corner shops. I am trying to contact the guys behind it to see if they'd have some old issues lying around as they are hard to come by. Managed to snag three in a video game lot I bought recently :P

They cover N64, PS1, Dreamcast (Rare stuff) and Gameboy

• Like 1

Sounds great.  Let us know what you find out.  If we have enough information we can at the very least create an entry in the database for it (title, how many issues, cover dates, publisher, price, etc.)

As for scans, if you're able to do so, let us know and we can get a cover gallery set up that you can upload to.  If you scan and edit an entire issue, you can upload it to a free filehost somewhere and send us the link or post it here.  Once one of the admins takes a look and approves it, we can create a category in the download section for it.

Here's the Information I have right now:

Editor: Eric Pier Sperandio

Publication Chief: Félix Martineau

Infographics: Bruno Lefebvre, Pierre Haineault

Published by: GROUPE MOTS & IMAGES, 321 Chemin du Lac Saint-Louis, Léry (Qc) J6N 1A2

Titles:

*Le guide extreme Codes Game Shark Nintendo 64 Playstation Dreamcast Gameboy

*Nouvelle Edition NUMÉRO 2

*UPC: 06538595370902

*Le guide extreme LE LIVRE DES CODES GAME SHARK Nintendo 64 Playstation Dreamcast Gameboy

*3e Edition Printemps - Ete 2001 

*UPC: 06538595370903

Price Tag: $6.95 CDN

Total Number of copies: Unknown ATM