New Release: EGM2 Issue 8 February 1995

E-Day

Confirmed.  The archive is incomplete.  Thanks for reporting it.

@E-Day This same thing happened the last time you uploaded files.  Any idea what's causing it?  Are you closing the window before the file has finished uploading?  I've hidden the file until a complete copy can be uploaded, since past experience proves that no one bothers to read these messages before downloading broken files :)

• Thanks 1

• Retromags Curator

@kitsunebi77, No, I leave the window alone until I hear the sound and get the notification that it finished uploading. I'll take a look this evening and see what's wrong. I remember checkign my CBZ after creating it and it worked fin and all the pages seemed to be there. I even looked at the file size reported by the site and the file size reported by Windows Explorer and they matched.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, E-Day said:

@kitsunebi77, No, I leave the window alone until I hear the sound and get the notification that it finished uploading. I'll take a look this evening and see what's wrong. I remember checkign my CBZ after creating it and it worked fin and all the pages seemed to be there. I even looked at the file size reported by the site and the file size reported by Windows Explorer and they matched.

I have no doubt that the CBZ in your possession works fine.  The problem seems to be occurring somewhere during the upload process and it's stopping before the entire file has finished uploading (and giving you a false report that the upload is complete.)  I already deleted the copy I downloaded, so I can't say exactly, but before deleting it I checked the archive, and it only contained 60-odd pages.

I have no idea what the cause could be, but this has happened enough times that it might be worth considering immediately downloading a copy once the upload has finished and checking that file against your original to make sure they match.  Especially since it was up for 8 hours and downloaded over 30 times before anyone reported it was broken.

• Thanks 1

• Retromags Curator

Actually, I think something happens between the upload finishing and me clicking Save. When the upload was done, the file size was 255 MB, which is what it should be. But on the Download page, it was 91 MB. Unless that 255 was the size it was reading from the upload source.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...