selling Game Informer #1 on eBay

gbpxl

4 hours ago, E-Day said:

Now it's showing Ships to the United States.

So the next question is: Why won't you ship to Canada? I wouldn't mind buying this :P

The short answer is "it's too complicated to ship outside the U.S."

The long answer is that I got shafted some years ago when I sold Star Wars on laserdisc to some guy in Sweden. It sold for like $50 but shipping alone was $40+ so I think I ended up losing money or almost breaking even. Guy was really happy because I told him how much it was gonna be to ship, but I honored my free shipping; had listed it with free shipping not realizing how expensive it was to ship international.

I hear from a lot of Canadians "why don't people ship outside the U.S.?" and I feel bad about that but I know years ago eBay started some dumb ass Global Shipping Program thing and made things even more expensive/harder.

One time I sold a Sega Genesis and games to some guy in Brazil and he wanted me to enter a lower value on the customs form than what he paid, putting me in a very awkward position of telling someone I didn't want to commit a felony.

I just don't like the hassle and confusion. I trust USPS to get my packages to anywhere in the lower 48 states (never had a buyer in AK or HI now that I think about it) so once it leaves the border, I don't know where it's going.

I do live in Minnesota though, so if you're not that far, you could just pick it up if you live in Manitoba or something LOL

• Retromags Curator

You have yet to be screwed over by someone from Canada ;).

Magazines aren't that expensive to ship here, usually going as lettermail because they are thin enough, and not needing a value or customs form. But I digress. Hopefully you get what you are looking for for it :)

I actually tried to edit it and it won't let me since there's bids on it. if you're allowed to, try bidding. I'll ship it to Canada (or anywhere else)

I'm gonna contact eBay and see if they'll allow me to change it or still ship international