So if a mag is "missing" and I have it, i can scan and add here?

vice350z

8 hours ago, vice350z said:

uploaded Super Gaming Issue 1 but after the fact I noticed there wasn't the fields for the MD5 check and the Database link and all the credits fields when submitting the file. All those fields were in the main database to edit though. I guess that's why the image is missing from the Latest Releases thumbnail.

Fixed.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but when you get a chance, if you could fill out those previously missing fields, I'd appreciate it.:)

As for the cover, that's unrelated.  You just forgot to upload one during the upload process.:)

On your file's page in the download section, click the "file actions" drop-down menu and select "edit details."  Fill in the missing fields, and then below those, click where it says " Click here if you would like to upload a new version of the file or screenshot ".  Then add your cover.  There's no need to upload a full-size cover, since it will just be used for the thumbnail and download page pic.

all done and also added all the content info after I seeing that other mag uploaders post it. :)

Only problem now is the New Release thread I made. Thought it was simply copy and paste the template and edit info. Did that but when I post the thread I still just see all the text/code.

Not sure what to do since I thought it was just a basic copy and paste thing.

Also...when someone is credited for Page Credits...what is that?

As I said in the shoutbox, I reported that the new release template didn't work about a year ago (I got the same results you did.)  Phillyman deleted my comment and declared it working again.  At that point, I'd already been inputting everything manually, since waiting for a fix around here is sometimes like waiting for tomorrow (you wait and wait and wait, but no matter how long you do, it's always today.)

I recommend doing what I do and ignoring the new release template entirely.  Just follow the examples of other posts like mine or E-Day's using the forum tools above.

Page credit is added when you add content to a page.  So say I create a database entry for an issue of Dengeki Nintendo DS.  The page credit goes to me.  Or for example, recently I've been uploading new covers and contents pages to Computer and Video Games.  Phillyman has a credit as the original entry creator, but the cover, publisher, editor, page count, price, and contents were all added by me, so I add my name to the credits as well.  A single entry may have several people credited if they contribute to it.  It isn't automatic, so if you add content to a page, feel free to add your name to the list (keeping in mind not to erase the names already there.) I doubt anyone actually pays any attention to the credits, but you might as well recognize your own handiwork.:)

Ah, doh, i don't know why i didn't think of just doing it manually while I waited for an answer....let's just say i had a major dumb attack.

Sorry for all the questions but just thought of something else. What if I have a magazine I got from another site and see that you guys don't have it. Am I allowed to post it here? I ended up cleaning up all the pages a little bit (blemishes, watermarks, color correction, rotation) from whoever originally did it. 

Alas, no, but you can always upload your new edit somewhere else and let us know about it!  Archive.org is a particularly good dumping spot where no one really cares who took what file from where (which is how our files end up there sometimes.)

So yeah, post links to your finds in the forum if you like, just don't upload them to our server.

(p.s. I thought I was the only one who re-edits certain mags I get from elsewhere for my own benefit.  If it's a mag I particularly care about, I just can't tolerate a crappy edit job...)