Bunch of Fanzine .PDFs

Terry93D

Hi. It's me - you know, I declare my return every six months and disappear after a week - it's embarrassing but I get so busy that it's all I really do...

Anyways. I have on a USB drive of mine a decent number of fanzine .pdfs I've accumulated over the years. Here's the full list:

• Concept Nr. 5
  • Fantazine Nr. 1-5, 8
  • Paradox Nr. 1-3, 9, 11/12 (double issue), 13-19
  • Project Ignition Nr. 1
  • The Gameroom Blitz 1, 2/3 (double issue), 4-7

In total, that's roughly thirty .pdfs if I have my count correct. These .pdfs don't take up much room, but they do clutter my USB drive unnecessarily, and, as I'm running out of room on it, I want to clear some room on it for .pdfs I actually need and will use - e.g. books on composition, music theory, etc. So if anyone wants them, now is your chance to grab them. There's a possibility that some of these are not even on the Internet anywhere anymore - though obviously I can't verify that claim. (The Paradox website is still up, though many issues I have are not online on it, as is the website The Gameroom Blitz website is up and has all seven issues of TGB, the Concept issue, and the last issue of P:I, as for the rest, I've no idea.) 

So if anyone wants them for themselves or for future fanzine archival on Retromags, now is your chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trinity said:

You could always just dump them on Archive.org; it's about as easy as starting an account and hitting "upload". It'd free up your USB and keep the mags available to you and anybody else. :)

Yes, exactly.  That's what archive.org is designed for.  Retromags is a community of people doing the actual work of preservation, and as a rule, every download we host was scanned and edited by our members, so we wouldn't be able to host those fanzines even if we hosted fanzines.  But archive.org is the perfect dumping ground to upload things you've found that aren't readily available elsewhere.

• Retromags Curator
3 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Yes, exactly.  That's what archive.org is designed for.  Retromags is a community of people doing the actual work of preservation, and as a rule, every download we host was scanned and edited by our members, so we wouldn't be able to host those fanzines even if we hosted fanzines.  But archive.org is the perfect dumping ground to upload things you've found that aren't readily available elsewhere.

Archive is also perfect for K-Mart department store music from the 80s and 90s too :P

https://archive.org/details/attentionkmartshoppers

No seriously, someone uploaded department store cassette tapes from that time era

7 hours ago, Trinity said:

You could always just dump them on Archive.org; it's about as easy as starting an account and hitting "upload". It'd free up your USB and keep the mags available to you and anybody else. :)

Thank you. I shall do that tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Trinity said:

Post a link when you finish, I'd be interested in seeing some of those! :)

He already did:

8 hours ago, Phillyman said:

Archive is also perfect for K-Mart department store music from the 80s and 90s too :P

https://archive.org/details/attentionkmartshoppers

No seriously, someone uploaded department store cassette tapes from that time era

Oh, you meant that other stuff.  WHY WOULD YOU MEAN THAT OTHER STUFF??!!  DON'T YOU SEE THERE IS K-MART MUZAK TO BE HAD????

Good lord, the views on that stuff.:lol:

• Nintendo Power #1 - uploaded to archive.org June 2015.  3,090 views.
  • K-Mart October 1989 muzak cassette tape - uploaded to archive.org Sept. 2015.  528,349 Views

At least the rest of the Internet has their priorities straight.

I'm definitely interested in those, @Terry93D.  I have most of what you listed but had no idea Pat made Fantazine available digitally at some point.

Btw, I remember Jess mentioning he had edited/censored some of his digital releases.  Thought I'd mention it for anyone wondering why portions of Concept or P:I or Blitz appear missing.

Yeah, unless you re-upload it, it just stays that way. I have an issue of Gamefan that I screwed up on initially, so the "identifier" is different than the file itself(no big deal, the title and everything else is correct, though). Thanks for the share, downloading now!