Uploaded: Flux Magazine #5

Ethereal Dragonz

Several years ago I threw out most of my magazines because I was moving into an apartment and I had digital copies (thanks to Retromags), but I kept just about everything we didn't have scans of and this is one of them.

This was a short-lived magazine that only lasted seven issues, but it had some strange humor and interesting exclusive interviews/content that you didn't see in the big two (EGM and GamePro).

Providing these scans as-is for the community. The Archive.org previewer is not setting the pages in the same order as in the .cbz file after trying a couple of different naming conventions, but the file works.

Download: https://archive.org/details/Flux5

• Thanks 1

OK, so I downloaded this one, and I believe the problem with the archive.org previews are exactly what I said in your other thread.  While I obviously can't be 100% positive the Tips & Tricks issue has this problem, I can confirm that your jpg files within the Flux #5 archive are incorrectly named.

Your files are named: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 010, 011.........100.

In order to be previewed correctly and display correctly in all CBR readers (mine shows them out of order), you need every jpg to have the same number of digits.  So in this case, since the last page is pg 100 (3 digits), your files need to be renamed 001, 002, 003, 004...etc.

Windows Explorer (and some cbr readers) can display numbers with differing numbers of digits in order, but many software programs cannot (including Retromags' cover gallery), so adding the correct number of zeroes to keep everything consistent is a good habit to get into.🙂

• Like 1

🤣

I think you just haven't spent enough time at archive.  Archive.org almost never starts the preview on page 1.  I don't know why - it's just the way it is.  It's almost like it always starts on the last page someone was looking at.  But the important thing is that the pages are in order now (before, they weren't).  You CAN flip backwards to page one and confirm that everything is in the correct order, right?