lostfirst

Anyone with EGM issues from 2004- through to May 2005?

Since no one has these scanned anywhere, I'm wondering if anyone out there has these issues of EGM and could look quickly for something in them for me?  Basically only looking for a shot of one page, and I don't even know which issue it is since I have ambiguous info to go on. It's for an article for my (planned) site that I want to write. 

If anyone is willing to take a small time out for this, let me know.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, lostfirst said:

Since no one has these scanned anywhere, I'm wondering if anyone out there has these issues of EGM and could look quickly for something in them for me?  Basically only looking for a shot of one page, and I don't even know which issue it is since I have ambiguous info to go on. It's for an article for my (planned) site that I want to write. 

If anyone is willing to take a small time out for this, let me know.

Thanks!

Why don't you go ahead and post what exactly you're looking for?  That way, if anyone owns the issue, they can go ahead and look it up without adding the unnecessary step of having to ask you what info you're after.

OK, no edit button in sight. Guess it's because of my low post count.

Anyway, the thing I'm looking for is a supposed blurb about one of EGM's staff having taken a trip to India and finding a PS1 pirate titled Tekken 5 that turned out to be a prototype of Clayfighter Extreme. To date no one has been able to find the issue, but the original mention was made back in May 2005 and they said it was some "months" prior that they had read it back then, so I'm just being careful with a general 2004-2005 timeline.

Maybe others have heard this rumor. Anyway, if anyone wants to finally put it to rest, it'd be appreciated!

Hmm I see an old forum post from 2005 that is stating the same story about finding a bootleg in India: https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?59761-WTB-TEKKEN-5-from-India!-Anyone-here-from-India!-Read-Me!

I don't remember anything like that coming from EGM during that year. I have the following issues:

2004 - Jan, Feb, Mar, May, June
2005 - Full year

I did not see any mention of Clayfighter Extreme skimming through the issues I had, although January 2005 has a Tekken 5 section and May 2005 has a Tekken 5 review.

Interesting he mentions getting the magazine in 2004. I guess the supposed disc was from before Tekken 5 was even officially released then.

I'm assuming that whatever issue it's in, it's towards the beginning of the magazine before it gets to the previews section. Thanks for looking anyway. Really puzzles me why no one is finding it. Such an elusive mystery here.

I'll be willing to eat crow if I'm wrong, but I'd bet quite a lot that there is no such article, at least not in an EGM. 

I own all issues of EGM from those years (they're in storage, so I can't check them, though), and although I wouldn't have remembered such an article even if it existed (since I don't care about Clayfighter or Tekken), the fact is that EGM is just about the most common gaming mag from that era.  If NO ONE can confirm that one guy's post, it's my belief that the whole thing is a hoax of some sort.

Again, it's just my gut feeling, but it's also the most likely answer for why no one has ever been able to confirm it.