Playstation Classic

B1astPr0cessing

Honestly, I love my PS Classic after modding it with Bleemsync.  It takes the packaged Euro games and bumps them back up to 60 hertz through the emulator for full speed gameplay, as well as gives you the option to switch from the internal emulator to Retroarch, and to sideload more games off of USB.  Right now I just have a small 32 gig stick but now have over 60 games loaded up on mine, its a blast and fits in great with my NES and SNES classics.  Oh, the Bleemsync hack also removes the USB limiter so the PS Classic can be powered from a TV USB port just like the NES and SNES instead of needing a power brick, helps a lot.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 3:10 PM, Leathco said:

Honestly, I love my PS Classic after modding it with Bleemsync.  It takes the packaged Euro games and bumps them back up to 60 hertz through the emulator for full speed gameplay, as well as gives you the option to switch from the internal emulator to Retroarch, and to sideload more games off of USB.  Right now I just have a small 32 gig stick but now have over 60 games loaded up on mine, its a blast and fits in great with my NES and SNES classics.  Oh, the Bleemsync hack also removes the USB limiter so the PS Classic can be powered from a TV USB port just like the NES and SNES instead of needing a power brick, helps a lot.

This is the only reason I'm considering a Playstation Classic as - postmortem - it's a mess when played stock.  With the clearance prices, I'll probably grab one and take a stab at softmodding - something I haven't done with the other minis on the market.

I don't have an extreme fondness or nostalgia for many PS1 games - most of the 3D titles haven't aged well - but there are enough 2D and 2.5D titles to make the effort worthwhile.

• 11 months later...

I picked one up last year for $30 Canadian. I haven't actually played it yet. I was so pumped for this when I first heard about it. Then they announced the first run of games. Oh okay, not great but decent start. They I heard the full lineup. I was like "What?! How about Insert X title here?" Then they said most of the games were the PAL versions and after feedback from early buyers I stayed away. Till it was dirt cheap.