Are there any 'holy grails' of half-remembered magazines you're looking for?

lalalei2001

There's one in particular I haven't been able to find ever since it came out.  It was a pamphlet for various Nintendo releases from mid-2003 to 2004 and beyond that was published in the summer of that year.  I think I got mine at a Toys R Us kiosk.  Some of the games advertised in it never actually came out (like the US release of Nintendo Puzzle Collection and a game called ESPionage that I think just became Psi-Ops?).  The cover was blue and that was all I remember about it.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, deroberstein800 said:

Any issues of Silicon Magazine. It was a small, free magazine distributed at places like FuncoLand and Game Exchange in the late 90s/early 00s. It was really high quality for what it was. There are a few scans of the magazine floating around the Internet but I suspect many issues of Silicon Magazine are lost media since I doubt very many people kept a 15-20 page free magazine around for 20ish years.

I actually had one, issue 30 I believe. I have given it to @MigJmz to scan so at some point it should appear on the site.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching for months for the last four Nintendo Power Super Power Supplies catalogs I'm missing.  Those being Summer 97, Fall 97, Winter 98 and Fall 99.  Making things more difficult, I know the first one doesn't identify the date on the cover and it's possible the others don't, either (most issues do).

• 1 month later...

My "Holy Grail" would be GameFan, which looks to be happening here and has happened, in lesser quality, across a few other sites. That said, I would really LOVE to have the earlier Game Informer magazines issues. I'm talking back when they were given away for free with any purchase at Funco-Land, lol. I used to have all of the earlier issues, again they pretty much gave you the current issue for free and subscriptions were something crazy, like, $3 as long as you were trading in or buying games there. They started sucking around the time the Saturn and PSX got some traction(like a lot of other mags), but up until then they were alright.

Funny story: There's an issue where they feature Shadow of "Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side" on the cover. It's either in that issue, or the one after that where they explain how that came to be. Apparently they reached out to Square and wanted to use artwork from ChronoTrigger, but the snobbish artist told them something to the effect of "My art is way too good for your crappy magazine", lol...

• Like 1

- Gamefans Night Warriors Strategy Guide

- Eternal Champions Sega Genesis - Official Power Guide

- Gamepro Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper Fighting Strategy Guide

I've been looking for these guides for a while now and I can't find nothing but the front cover for these guides, I wish someone here would make fully readable scans for them. I would be doing backflips if that happens xD

Night_Warriors_Strategy_Guide.jpg

086874005358.jpg

51mCIdllJvL._SX383_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I've recently remembered another magazine I had that I can't seem to put my finger on.  It was maybe handheld based (possibly Pocket Games) but so far if it was it isn't any of the issues here.  All I really remember is it had a walkthrough for Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure/XS and during it they made a joke about one of the levels being named Air Supply after the horrible band.  It might've been some sort of Nintendo fan mag but I don't have any details other than what I mentioned.

• 4 months later...

I've been on a hunt for an issue of Gamer's Republic. It had MDK2 for it's cover, and it had a long feature with writers reminiscing about old consoles. I had to have read that feature hundreds of times, it was when I was just starting to get into retro games (As opposed to the newest/most successful consoles) and it turned into my wish list for old games and consoles.

I actually kept the magazine, but it was one of the issues in my collection that was "lost" when my folks moved while I was overseas with the Air Force (ie my mom did the same thing to it as she did to my Nintendo Power collection years before, quietly threw them out. I paid my brother to personally load my comic book collection into his truck and move it to the new house because I didn't trust mom to not throw those out too.)

• Retromags Curator