lalalei2001

Are there any 'holy grails' of half-remembered magazines you're looking for?

In my quest for reading video game magazines I have five main goals:

1. Figure out which issue of Game Players had the letter where someone wrote in about a hypothetical Mega Woman game, including a boss list. "The enemies would be different, and a lot harder."
2. Figure out which magazine spoiled the entire ending to Mega Man X5 along with a boss guide, and may or may not have had a Lunar 2 boss walkthrough in the game issue. (I THINK it was Game Informer's Roleplayers' Realm section but I am not sure.)
3. Find out which magazine had a Phantasy Star Online guide for the Dreamcast, I believe. "If you'd still like to mix it up hand-to-hand now and then, choose FOMarl."
4. Find out which magazine had a walkthrough for Sonic Spinball, including detailed maps.
5. Find out which issue of Beckett Pokemon Collector had Jingaroo comics.

What half-buried stuff in the recesses of your brains are YOU guys looking for?

There was lesser known magazine in the 90's (can't recall the name) that had Game Genie codes which claimed to allow you to play the bosses in Street Fighter II on SNES but I never found a working code online except one that caused a player 2 to glitch as a random boss.

This magazine had images of the code working on SNES (could have been photoshopped).

• Like 1

BEFORE it was called PC Gamer, BEFORE it was called Game Players PC Entertainment, BEFORE it was called Game Player's Strategy Guide to PC Games...it was called Game Player's MS-DOS Strategy Guide, The Game Player's Guide to MS-DOS Computer Games,  and Game Player's PC Buyer's Guide.  At least, we think so.  Most of those early issues have never been seen in the wild, so it's a little unclear exactly what was going on with all the name changes.  But I want 'em. 

• Haha 1

I'm also looking for an article about some sort of game where you had elemental god/goddesses that grew stronger and more detailed over time, i think it was a strategy game. I don't know if the game ever actually came out, and I can't remember any more information, so I'll likely never find that one.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:10 PM, lalalei2001 said:

5. Find out which issue of Beckett Pokemon Collector had Jingaroo comics.

Issue 7 March 2000 had two pages of Jingaroo outback dreamtime adventures presents "Croco-vile the Nightmare King" part 2.

It is considered an advertisement and not listed on the contents page.

It also says check next issue for more of the story.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, perfinpuz said:

Issue 7 March 2000 had two pages of Jingaroo outback dreamtime adventures presents "Croco-vile the Nightmare King" part 2.

It is considered an advertisement and not listed on the contents page.

It also says check next issue for more of the story.

Aaaaaaaaah! THANK YOU! 😂 I've been looking for that for a decade!

GameNOW deserves to be preserved!

Truth be told, I only remember it from my childhood so it really might not be great.