narb79

Donating Issues?

6 minutes ago, narb79 said:

I have last issue of Nintendo Power would like to see it preserved for historical sake.

Keep in mind that the last issue of Nintendo Power is from 2012.  There is a 10-year hold on magazines that have ceased publication, so it would not be allowed to be shared here until 2022.

3 hours ago, narb79 said:

I have last issue of Nintendo Power would like to see it preserved for historical sake.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the offer, but I have about 6 sealed copies from the news stands. I made sure to wait until the day before they were about to rotate stock to grab them all up :)

No problem!   Shame its 10 years, 5 you think would be ample but with Nintendo being Nintendo probably for the best.

Cool thanks for the feedback

15 minutes ago, Phillyman said:

Thanks for the offer, but I have about 6 sealed copies from the news stands. I made sure to wait until the day before they were about to rotate stock to grab them all up :)

Geez, dude.  Think of the children.  Some kids who'd saved up their allowance to get that issue of Nintendo Power cried themselves to sleep that night because some grown asshole bought all the copies.😢

33 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Geez, dude.  Think of the children.  Some kids who'd saved up their allowance to get that issue of Nintendo Power cried themselves to sleep that night because some grown asshole bought all the copies.😢

As I said, I only took them the day before they take the old magazines off the shelf to make room for the new ones.  :P

5 hours ago, Phillyman said:

As I said, I only took them the day before they take the old magazines off the shelf to make room for the new ones.  :P

I see...

So...one copy to scan, one to keep, and...four to stick under that uneven table leg to keep it from wobbling?  Am I close?🤔

3 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

I see...

So...one copy to scan, one to keep, and...four to stick under that uneven table leg to keep it from wobbling?  Am I close?🤔

If you think, I am going to let them take the unsold copies off the shelves after 30 days and put them into a shredder.....well you are dead wrong. Especially when I can hold onto them for 15 years and make back my $6 three times over! 😆

I pitied your wife before, but now that I know you purchase every copy you can find of unsold magazines like you're taking in unwanted stray cats or something...well...I hope you realize how lucky you are she still sticks with you.:P

• Haha 1

Some people adopt animals.

Some people buy books.

Some people hoard magazines. It's all...uh...the same thing...? :)

*huggles*
Areala