mvangord

Tips & Tricks Pencil Puzzles

Does anybody remember when they started doing these?  This was my favorite part of the magazine, and the worst part of reading these issues online is you can't really do them anymore 🙁 Unless you print out the pages or something.  I also have this weird memory of them doing an issue that was just the pencil puzzles but that might just be a fever dream I had.

Weird how I found this post that is just days old... I was just thinking of that issue that was entirely Pencil Puzzles, but can't find any evidence of it existing so I thought I was imagining it too. Pretty sure the main color of the cover was brown. I can't find any images online or even on the back catalog list in the codebooks that I have. I just spent over 4 hours going through my entire ~5000 book/magazine collection and haven't found it. I am 100% certain I didn't get rid of it though. It is one of the last books I would ever get rid of. May have possibly lost it at a friend's house, I noticed my 2006 zombie edition codebook is missing too. Just gonna give up the search and hope someone else might have it.

Sorry to disappoint, but there was no "all Pencil Puzzles" issue. We stopped doing the puzzles around 2005 because we no longer had that newsprint section in the middle of the magazine, and the puzzles didn't work on the glossy pages.

We did bring the puzzles back in the Tips & Tricks Codebook after the monthly Tips & Tricks was discontinued in 2007, because the Codebook was almost entirely newsprint. After that, they appeared in every subsequent issue until the last one came out in 2011. Come to think of it, there may have been one issue with more puzzles than usual - like eight or ten of them instead of the usual two or four, I can't remember exactly. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1