Kindle versions of my two books free March 1st through March 5th

Leathco

Retro Gaming Roundup (a podcast that I am a blogger and news submitter for) is celebrating their 10 year anniversary in March!  To help celebrate, I am making the Kindle version of the two short books I have written available for free!

Afterglow - This short title goes over my childhood growing up as a gamer.  Certain childhood memories and favorite games are covered in this book.
The Virtual Boy Game Library - This title reviews the history of the release and downfall of the Virtual Boy, as well as gives short reviews, screenshots, and box art photos of all 14 Virtual Boy games released in the NTSC market.

I hope you guys enjoy these quick reads!  I'm working on a longer book that covers all officially licensed Star Trek video games, and am considering two more:  one that covers Mega Man games and one that covers 32X games.  There's also physical versions of these available if you read the free Kindle version and decide you wouldn't mind having it in physical form.  The Virtual Boy book in physical form is a little pricey for its length at $7.99, but I wanted to keep all the photos in the book full color for the boxart.  At $7.99, I am literally making 9 cents per physical copy sold, but wanted to make sure the book looked good and was available at a reasonable price due to its short length, and I am doing this more for the writing experience than any financial reason. 

Finally, if you get time, check out the Retro Gaming Roundup podcast, they are a bunch of cool guys making the longest monthly retro gaming podcast around!

• Like 1

I have not read up on the Virtual Boy in a long time.

For many years there was a rumor that Gunpei Yokoi killed himself due to the failure of the Virtual Boy, then it kind of morphed into some kind of weird Yakuza story and now I read that it was just a freak traffic accident. I wonder why that got started 😅.

Edited by Ethereal Dragonz

Just a reminder the free books giveaway started today, and ends on the 5th.

I remember hearing the suicide rumor true, and was glad it was false.  The original Game Boy was an awesome system, and the Virtual Boy had potential if done right at a budget price.

• Like 1