Which Strategy Guides are allowed here?

MkMoveList

I see we have restrictions on certain types of magazines, we're not allowed to preserve GameFan for example. Are there any such limitations on the Strategy Guides? Is Prima's allowed? Brady Games? etc etc ...I have several strategy guides that I'm interested in preserving and want to know what I'm allowed to preserve on this.

• Retromags Curator

Strategy Guides are allowed here following the same rules as the magazines. For Prima, they are defunct and we can preserve up to 2009 for defunct guides, if its a company that still produces strategy guides, then we would only preserve up to 2004. If the guide doesn't list what year it was published, then go by the date that game was released in that country. So for a game like Legend of Zelda WindWaker for the GameCube, if the guide is Japanese 2002, if its USA then 2003.

7 minutes ago, MkMoveList said:

That is really surprising considering the old MK games are unquestionably among the greatest video games ever made.

Indeed. You would think us fans would be all about preserving this stuff, but that's never really been the case. We tend to horde stuff for nostalgic/collectors purposes.

Would any of the guides you plan on scanning include some of the MK guides by chance? That would be a much appreciated sacrifice. :D

Yes! They're almost all MK guides. I have ~18 MK guides. The notable guides are Tips & Tricks collectors edition Mortal Kombat 4 strategy guide, Gamefan's official MK Trilogy strategy guide (it's a shame Gamefans are not allowed here, I consider this MKT guide to be a very high quality guide..or do we make exceptions for strategy guides? ;) ), Prima's Ultimate MK3 official arcade secrets by Chris Rice and Simon Hill - another guide I consider to be high quality, GamePro's official Mortal Kombat strategy guide, Prima's MK Trilogy official game secrets by Simon Hill, Prima's MK3 official power play guide by Simon Hill, and Prima's official Mortal Komat 4 official Strategy guide by Simon Hill.

3 minutes ago, MkMoveList said:

Yes! They're almost all MK guides. I have ~18 MK guides. The notable guides are Tips & Tricks collectors edition Mortal Kombat 4 strategy guide, GameFan's official MK Trilogy strategy guide (it's a shame Gamefans are not allowed here, I consider this MKT guide to be a very high quality guide..or do we make exceptions for strategy guides? ;) ), Prima's Ultimate MK3 official arcade secrets by Chris Rice and Simon Hill - another guide I consider to be high quality, GamePro's official Mortal Kombat strategy guide, Prima's MK Trilogy official game secrets by Simon Hill, Prima's MK3 official power play guide by Simon Hill, and Prima's official Mortal Komat 4 official Strategy guide by Simon Hill.

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing this digitally preserved.