Avengers EndGame Who is Ready?

Phillyman

They did a really impressive job building up the characters for the last 11 years and now that Disney owns all of the franchises, I look forward to seeing their next phase of films.

I think an ending I would like is some kind of event that leads into "Secret War" which provides a movie-canon way of joining everyone together.

7 minutes ago, orthicviper said:

i'd be more excited if it was filmed and shown in 60 FPS stereoscopic 3D, to be honest...

Uggh.  You just named two of my least favorite things.  60FPS video and 3D films.

Video games are one thing, but film looks terrible at 60FPS in my opinion (see: The Hobbit trilogy).  And I refuse to see a movie in the theater if it's only showing in 3D.  But so long as these things are only options, and a normal film version is also available, to each his own.

• Retromags Curator

I have not seen any of the Marvel movies to completion, so I can say I have no interest in this movie. I started watching a few of them now and then and just had zero interest in all of them. And that includes Guardians of the Galaxy, which people told me I would like.

2 minutes ago, E-Day said:

I have not seen any of the Marvel movies to completion, so I can say I have no interest in this movie. I started watching a few of them now and then and just had zero interest in all of them. And that includes Guardians of the Galaxy, which people told me I would like.

If only you'd never seen a Star Wars movie in your life as well, you could be that guy.😉

Yeah it would be incredibly stupid to pay any attention to this movie if you've never seen the films leading up to it, whether you hated them or not.  It would be like tuning in for the final episode of Game of Thrones without having seen any of the previous episodes/seasons.

16 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Uggh.  You just named two of my least favorite things.  60FPS video and 3D films.

Video games are one thing, but film looks terrible at 60FPS in my opinion (see: The Hobbit trilogy).  And I refuse to see a movie in the theater if it's only showing in 3D.  But so long as these things are only options, and a normal film version is also available, to each his own.

It's even worse if it has that motion blur effect that makes everything look like a soap opera or a country music video.  Glad my TV wasn't one of those where that was the default setting.

the Marvel movies are, without a doubt, the most exciting cinematic franchise that i've ever followed. And i LOVE the Star Wars franchise. I can't wait for Endgame. for the last few Marvel movies i've (more or less) avoided trailers and am more than happy with my virginal viewings.

i CANNOT wait for Endgame. no other movies have built up like this, it is an amazing experience.

My wife is wanting to see it in the theater.  I usually wait for home releases as I have a projector in the game room we use for movies, plus I can no longer eat popcorn due to me having diverticulosis but I love popcorn and the smell drives me nuts, but this will be one we go out and see.

My predictions?  We see Captain America and Iron Man sacrifice themselves to save the others (possibly Thor and Hulk as well).  The sacrifice doesn't need to be life ending, but the end of their time as a hero until they are desperately needed again (think Halo 3 "Wake me when you need me").  Thinking we will get a new Avenger team though.  I could see Spider-Man joining up, along with Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, to form the nucleus of the new Avengers.  All 3 were Avengers in the comics, so it may happen.  I don't think Disney got the rights from Fox in time, but it would be awesome to also see Wolverine join up.

10 minutes ago, Leathco said:

I don't think Disney got the rights from Fox in time, but it would be awesome to also see Wolverine join up.

Disney will absolutely not be doing anything with the X-Men characters for a while yet.  Especially not while there are still yet-to-be-released FOX projects in the pipeline.  They wouldn't want to do anything that might help promote another studios films, after all.  Hell, Marvel stopped publishing Fantastic Four comics entirely until they got the film rights back, and that was the title that launched the Marvel comic universe as we know it.