ISO: Old Back Cover Ad

Cycotix

Everyone keeps telling me this is from "Dead Space" but I cant find it anywhere on the interwebs...been on the hunt for a clean digital copy for over 10 years. This is the only photo I have of it.

I believe it was either EGM or Game Informer it came from and for sure the back cover.

24129804_1731662303518837_4642008423791805232_n.jpg

This is a frustrating picture to look at because I remember this ad. I don't remember the game it belonged to (I don't think it was Dead Space), but I am not finding it in the scans I have. It has to be around 2005 - 2009 timeframe. My brain also thinks it remembers that there is also a two page ad spread for this as well.

At the time I subscribed to GamePro, EGM and the Official Xbox Magazine, so it is going to be in one of those three magazines. I did a Google and Bing image search and I was not able to see any references to this.

Edited by Ethereal Dragonz

4 hours ago, Ethereal Dragonz said:

This is a frustrating picture to look at because I remember this ad. I don't remember the game it belonged to (I don't think it was Dead Space), but I am not finding it in the scans I have. It has to be around 2005 - 2009 timeframe. My brain also thinks it remembers that there is also a two page ad spread for this as well.

I agree.  It's extremely unlikely that it is a Dead Space ad.  All Dead Space promotional material uses CGI artwork.  Those photographed toes give it away as a different game.  Plus, it looks familiar to me as well, and I had stopped reading gaming mags years before Dead Space was released.

I can't read the toe tag, but unless it includes the name of the game and assorted copyright information, then this is definitely part of a multi-page ad and probably not a back cover advertisement.  It's pretty uncommon to advertise a game without telling you what game is being advertised. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phillyman said:

Come on guys, can you make this a little harder for me?

Its Enemy Zero for the Sega Saturn.

That's funny.  I would never have been able to guess which game, since I've never played any Sega games before the Dreamcast, but I was SURE it was from a Sega ad due to the style of the photography.  Sega had lots of ads with a distinctive skewed perspective to the photography at the time.

• Retromags Curator
2 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

That's funny.  I would never have been able to guess which game, since I've never played any Sega games before the Dreamcast, but I was SURE it was from a Sega ad due to the style of the photography.  Sega had lots of ads with a distinctive skewed perspective to the photography at the time.

I never played a Saturn game in my life, I just went to eBay because I know people rip out unique ads like this and sell them.Took about 3-4 pages of searching to find this one :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Print-Ad-Video-Game-Enemy-Zero-K500-1/372527729050?hash=item56bc62099a:g:bsUAAOSwVh9ch9Wd

OMG, badass Philly...I cant believe I couldnt find it, im usually who ppl ask to find them anything online. I had this print on my wall growing up and only had the picture left off an old phone. My dumb kid self cut the actual ad parts off before pinning it to my wall.

I will totally take you up on that offer if you ever come across it. I know the one I had back then was the back cover for sure cuz it was glossy and just shy of cardstock quality. But any copy of it would be amazing, so I would be very grateful.

10yrs Vs 3days, lol.