Famitsu Scans

hardcorehubz

I recently acquired an A3 ADF Scanner so I've begun scanning in my magazine collection. So far I've done a few Vending Times and Famitsu issues I have, and will continue doing more. If you guys want to add them to the database you're more than welcome. #198 and #199 I'll likely redo in the near future though as I hadn't gotten the quality tweaked to where I liked it with those, same with the Vending Times but i'm not planning on redoing those.

https://www.gamingalexandria.com/wp/magazines/

Thanks,

- Hubz

• Thanks 2

Well, we can't add them to the downloads here in their unedited state, but if anyone is willing to download the RAW files from archive.org and edit them, then they can be hosted here (again, you would need to download and edit the multiple-GB RAW jpg folder, not the PDF).

Since that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, though, I encourage anyone interested to just head to archive and check out the scans as they are or download the (more reasonably-sized) PDF.

I think what most interests me is that you possess an A3 scanner.  Do you have any plans to scan any UK mags (since those of us with A4 scanners can't scan them)?  It would be great to have someone able to scan UK mags in our corner.

• Retromags Curator
2 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Yeah, UK mags are too wide to fit in an A4 scanner.  I believe there are a few USA mags which are too big to scan as well.  Official Xbox Magazine, I think?

Official Xbox Magazine, Official Playstation and Official Dreamcast if I remember correctly.

Oh and Game Informer!

17 hours ago, hardcorehubz said:

I recently acquired an A3 ADF Scanner so I've begun scanning in my magazine collection. So far I've done a few Vending Times and Famitsu issues I have, and will continue doing more. If you guys want to add them to the database you're more than welcome. #198 and #199 I'll likely redo in the near future though as I hadn't gotten the quality tweaked to where I liked it with those, same with the Vending Times but i'm not planning on redoing those.

https://www.gamingalexandria.com/wp/magazines/

Thanks,

- Hubz

thank you very much for the work done ,the weekly famitsu magazines are excellent

thank you for the number 133 ( amazing !) and 194

;)

• Like 1

Hey JhonnyD! Unfortunately I don't have very many more but will try to pick some more up as i catch them at a good price. These weren't bad at all.

I have Official Dreamcast Magazine issues so I can knock some of those out. The rest I do not though but like I said if someone wants to mail me some I can work on them.

BTW added another Famitsu this morning, #134. https://archive.org/details/WeeklyFamitsuNo134June28th1991

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 10:55 PM, kitsunebi77 said:

It would be great to have someone able to scan UK mags in our corner.

I'm still around, too. I have A3 scanner (fi-4530C) and am available to scan UK magazines in the UK.

Just negotiated for some more Electric Brain to come my way on loan. 

Edited by gingerbeardman

6 hours ago, gingerbeardman said:

I'm still around, too. I have A3 scanner (fi-4530C) and am available to scan UK magazines in the UK.

Yeah, even better than someone living in America having an A3 scanner is having someone who lives in the UK and actually OWNS some UK mags having an A3 scanner!😁  And almost anything you scan is probably something we don't have already, so your options are near limitless!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gingerbeardman said:

Ummm, if you are borrowing mags but have to take them apart to feed through the fi-4530c ADF how are you going to get them back together again to return to the owner? As I have never been able to reinsert staples back in mags without the resulting mag being a whole lot looser than before it was destapled. And it goes without saying the glue bound mags are a different proposition entirely so I'm intrigued by your "on loan" comment given your particular scanner.

I owned one of those scanners ages ago. Very nice barring having to use Windows XP thanks to Fujitsu's pathetic attempts to force people to buy the exact same scanner rebadged as a fi-5530c2 by writing firmware designed to not work with newer operating systems.

9 hours ago, KiwiArcader said:

are you going to get them back together again to return to the owner?

Electric Brain is staple bound, so not a problem for all concerned. The only reason I'm accepting them "on loan" is the owner doesn't want to give them up. A fair compromise was reached in order to get this uncommon magazine scanned and preserved. 

I wouldn't accept any glue bound items "on loan" for the reasons you mention: they will essentially be destroyed. 

I use VueScan software on macOS which works a treat. I think you can get that for Windows too?

Edited by gingerbeardman

• 2 weeks later...