Scanning/editing something? List it here!

E-Day

• 3 weeks later...

I recently procured Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine from May 1999 to January 2001. I see that a little over half of these have been preserved already or are currently scanning. Does anyone have or plan on scanning the rest? If not, what would be a good issue for me to start with?

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator
6 hours ago, Swordfish said:

I recently procured Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine from May 1999 to January 2001. I see that a little over half of these have been preserved already or are currently scanning. Does anyone have or plan on scanning the rest? If not, what would be a good issue for me to start with?

According to my spreadsheet, I still have the October 1997 to July 1998, so nothing that conflicts with what you have. I don't know what Phillyman has, and he probably doesn't know either, so I would say just start scanning. As for which one to start with, that's up to you. You can go chronologically, or start with your favourite issue, or see which one got the most votes in the database to be preserved.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 5:59 AM, ChaosDM said:

Hello everyone,

is there a need for all (missing) covers of issue 128 of Edge Magazine? There were 10 different covers for their 10th anniversary and I have all 10 issues.

Cheers,
Dimitri

If you have these scanned i'll add them to the database.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished scanning my issues of Total Gamer (the Canadian magazine, not to be confused with the Australian one). I don't think this magazine has ever been scanned from what I can tell. Nothing shows up for it on archive.org or Google/Bing Image Search anyway. It'll take me a while to get them cleaned up and ready to upload, but thankfully they're all pretty thin; only 16 to 24 pages each, including covers.

Issues (no actual issue number, so they're organised by date):

December 2003

March 2004

May 2004

July 2004

October 2004

November 2004

December 2004

totalgamer.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My plan is to scan and upload this for editing, Tomb Raider I and II Prima's Official Strategy Guide, (Ward, Kip)

i am just starting out this process and doing it either on a ADF or flatbed one by one page, i have read some of the points regarding debinding, cutting pages using a flat knife etc, but this set of pages below weren't working for me.

20220316_192956.jpg

16 minutes ago, JohnR said:

My plan is to scan and upload this for editing, Tomb Raider I and II Prima's Official Strategy Guide, (Ward, Kip)

i am just starting out this process and doing it either on a ADF or flatbed one by one page, i have read some of the points regarding debinding, cutting pages using a flat knife etc, but this set of pages below weren't working for me.

20220316_192956.jpg

If you have any questions you can ask here and check out the Tutorials section.

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 7:26 PM, Argus said:

Just finished scanning my issues of Total Gamer (the Canadian magazine, not to be confused with the Australian one). I don't think this magazine has ever been scanned from what I can tell. Nothing shows up for it on archive.org or Google/Bing Image Search anyway. It'll take me a while to get them cleaned up and ready to upload, but thankfully they're all pretty thin; only 16 to 24 pages each, including covers.

Issues (no actual issue number, so they're organised by date):

December 2003

March 2004

May 2004

July 2004

October 2004

November 2004

December 2004

Nearly finished editing the last magazine. I should have it ready within a day or so. Originally that was all I had planned on scanning, but I happened to come across a guy selling three older issues on Kijiji, so I figured, why not? So once I'm done with the last '04 mag I'll work on these:

December 2001 (Unfortunately one page near the back has a big chunk torn out of it, but the bulk of the magazine is in good shape)

April and July 2002

I may also have a few strategy guide covers I can scan, but otherwise that'll be it for the foreseeable future.

Update May 6th: Aaaaaand done! Hope everyone enjoys the issues. TG may not have been the greatest magazine, but it still holds a nostalgic place in my heart.

As I said above that's all I plan on doing right now. I won't rule out scanning something else in the future but for now I'm going to take a breather (I'll still pop by to see what's new every now and again).

Edited by Argus
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Alright, I'm back with more stuff to scan! These should help fill in some gaps not covered by the VGHF scan list:

GamePro's Official NBA Jam Strategy Guide

GamePro Presents S.W.A.T.Pro 2000 - Video Game Tips, Tricks, and Strategies (I believe this is S.W.A.T. Pro Issue 27, correct me if I'm wrong)

Expert Gamer

76 (October 2000)

80 (February 2001)

Official Xbox Magazine

86 (August 2008)

87 (September 2008)

89 (November 2008)

109 (May 2010)

113 (September 2010)

Electronic Gaming Monthly

257 (November/December 2012)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that the VGHF Expert Gamers are all done, I'm going back to work on some stuff in my collection. First up is the final issue of Code Vault, which I've nearly finished editing and should have up soon. After that I've got a small stack of strategy guides to scan, starting with some flight sim guides. Two for Falcon 3.0, and two for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000.

Code Vault Issue 34 (Fall 2007)
Falcon 3 Strategies and Secrets (Sybex) (1994)
Falcon 3.0 Air Combat (McGraw-Hill) (1992)
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Official Strategies & Secrets (Sybex) (1999)
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 - Prima's Unauthorized Strategy Guide (1999)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator
On 4/30/2023 at 8:25 AM, Zing said:

I have been enjoying reading through PSM lately. I went to read issue #13 and… it isn’t there! I’m willing to acquire and scan it, but I wanted to see if anyone else already owns this issue.

I could have sworn this issue was in the stack of PSMs I sent to @MigJmz. Did you work through all of those, Miggy? :)

*huggles*
Areala :angel:

• 4 weeks later...

With the flight sim guides all finished it's time to post the rest of the guides I plan on working on. Mostly Prima, but there's also a couple BradyGames and Nintendo ones, plus one from Sandwich Islands. If somebody happens to already be working on any of these just let me know. :) 

Banjo-Kazooie - Prima's Official Strategy Guide (1998)
Banjo-Tooie Official Strategy Guide (BradyGames) (2001)
Diddy Kong Racing Unauthorized Game Secrets (Prima) (1997)
Donkey Kong Country Player's Guide (Nintendo) (1994)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Totally Unauthorized Secrets (BradyGames) (1995)
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble Official Player's Guide (Nintendo) (1996)
Mega Man X Official Game Secrets (Prima) (1994)
Rayman 2: The Great Escape - Prima's Official Strategy Guide (2000)
Silver - Prima's Official Strategy Guide (1999)
Super Mario Kart 64 Unauthorized Game Secrets (Prima) (1997)
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2 Player's Guide (Sandwich Islands Publishing) (1995)
(^On hold for now, too wrinkled to scan as is)

Edited by Argus
  • Like 2