Axcalibur

Non-Gaming Magazines

Anyone have any luck finding a website that hosts non-gaming magazines?  I've seen a few, but I'm hoping to find various Maxim, Blender, FHM magazines from the 90's/early 2000's.  

Thanks!

Finding general interest magazines is hard.  Since scanning a magazine is such a pain in the ass, typically only people with a passion for a specific hobby or subject are going to be willing to make the effort to do so.  To that end it's probably simpler to find scans of model railroad magazines than of something like what you're looking for.  Good luck!

Try Google Books if you haven't already. They have a metric ton of old magazines you can peruse. One drawback is (as far as I know) there is no *easy* way to download the magazines in a common offline form (PDF, CBR). Not sure if they'll have what you are looking for, but you may find something you didn't even know existed. My current obsession there is going through old issues of Maximum PC. Why they decided to archive that magazine (and it is a pretty good mag IMO) is still beyond me, but I'm glad they did. It's a fantastic resource for researching old PC gaming hardware from the late 90's and 00's.

1 minute ago, alaskana said:

Why they decided to archive that magazine (and it is a pretty good mag IMO) is still beyond me, but I'm glad they did.

If you look closely, all issues of Maximum PC at Google Books are watermarked by a Chinese site, so it seems that's where they originated from (and like most things from China, I doubt there was any kind of legal permission involved.)

Was surprised Computer Life and PC/Computing isn't archived @GoogleBooks , tho they got BYTE and PC Mag.

I would love to see the classic Star Trek Magazine and Star Trek Communicator be preserved and archived. Pro Wrestling Illustrated would also be a trip down nostalgia lane for me. 

9 hours ago, Grimmloch said:

I would love to see the classic Star Trek Magazine and Star Trek Communicator be preserved and archived. Pro Wrestling Illustrated would also be a trip down nostalgia lane for me. 

There are some Star Trek mags available at the Internet Archive, but still lots missing.

Does it say something about the dedication of the fandoms that every single issue of Star Wars Insider has been preserved? (For the record, I like them both😉)