Non-Gaming Magazines

Axcalibur

Finding general interest magazines is hard.  Since scanning a magazine is such a pain in the ass, typically only people with a passion for a specific hobby or subject are going to be willing to make the effort to do so.  To that end it's probably simpler to find scans of model railroad magazines than of something like what you're looking for.  Good luck!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Try Google Books if you haven't already. They have a metric ton of old magazines you can peruse. One drawback is (as far as I know) there is no *easy* way to download the magazines in a common offline form (PDF, CBR). Not sure if they'll have what you are looking for, but you may find something you didn't even know existed. My current obsession there is going through old issues of Maximum PC. Why they decided to archive that magazine (and it is a pretty good mag IMO) is still beyond me, but I'm glad they did. It's a fantastic resource for researching old PC gaming hardware from the late 90's and 00's.

1 minute ago, alaskana said:

Why they decided to archive that magazine (and it is a pretty good mag IMO) is still beyond me, but I'm glad they did.

If you look closely, all issues of Maximum PC at Google Books are watermarked by a Chinese site, so it seems that's where they originated from (and like most things from China, I doubt there was any kind of legal permission involved.)

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Grimmloch said:

I would love to see the classic Star Trek Magazine and Star Trek Communicator be preserved and archived. Pro Wrestling Illustrated would also be a trip down nostalgia lane for me. 

There are some Star Trek mags available at the Internet Archive, but still lots missing.

Does it say something about the dedication of the fandoms that every single issue of Star Wars Insider has been preserved? (For the record, I like them both😉)

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, DantetheK9 said:

I'd be stupidly happy to see Wizard Magazine, especially pre-2003, when it was a pretty beefy comics focused magazine. Before it was taken over by movies and TV, slowly devolving into Maxim for Nerds

Almost all of those have already been scanned, actually.  Not by us (which is why we can't host them here), and many of the early issues didn't bother scanning the price guide pages (but would you really need those anyway?), but if you search around at places that host comic book files, you're sure to find them.  Hero Illustrated has been completely scanned, as well.