8 members have voted

1. 1. New Retromags username:

• Ferkner
    • Liquid Manure Brian
    • Richard Cheese

• Retromags Curator
11 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Wow.  When did you make those usernames?  When you were 13?😂

Ferkner is the only one that doesn't seem to mean anything (so far as I'm aware), so I'd go with that if you've got to pick one, I guess.

That's the one I am leaning towards. Ironically, that is the only one that was thought up when in my teens. And it doesn't have any story behind it.

Richard Cheese is the one I use on YouTube because who the hell wants to use their real name on there with all the deranged idiots on there? I settled on Richard Cheese over Mr. Sister Fister 😅

Liquid Manure Brian stems from the local sports radio station I listened to religiously for a decade. They spoke of an old listener who used Liquid Manure Barb as her name when emailing in, and I liked how it sounded so I adopted it. It's the name I use on Twitter and Patreon to communicate with two of the former hosts who now have a podcast together.

Since I communicate on YouTube, Twitter and Patreon about Retromags from time to time, I'd like to have a name that is similar across various sites.

While these jokes are well and good, if a name change is in all seriousness actually being proposed, I encourage anyone involved to consider their positions as representatives of this website.  No one expects real names to be used at a site like this one, but likewise, if I were to visit Retromags and saw that it was being run by someone called ThickSlickDonkeyDick, would I feel comfortable sending that person a donation (monetary or magazine)?  Would I even feel like it was worth my time contributing and participating in forum discussions, if I was given the impression from everyone's usernames that Retromags was being run by a bunch of teenage boys?  Keep it respectable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Retromags Curator

No one is going to change their names to Trots Johnson or Squirts McTurdle. The name change was a serious proposition because I do want to consolidate my usernames across multiple platforms. I was also hoping for a Ferkner landslide.

• 4 months later...
  • Retromags Curator

We can test this out as I am really leaning towards changing it to Ferkner so I can have a unified name across everything.

What will need to be changed manually are the warning messages that show up if you run into a permissions error and it tells you to contact Phillyman or myself, and my WIP thread of course.