Anyone know what's going on with OldGameMags?

DaveyMames

Has anyone here donated to the OldGameMags site so they could get an account? I donated a few months ago when it was called Kiwis.World and I got an account and was able to access the downloads but recently when I tried to login to the OldGameMags site it won't recognize my login details. When I click on the forgot password link and enter my email address it says my email address is invalid. Emailed the owner but got no reply.

6 hours ago, DaveyMames said:

Has anyone here donated to the OldGameMags site so they could get an account? I donated a few months ago when it was called Kiwis.World and I got an account and was able to access the downloads but recently when I tried to login to the OldGameMags site it won't recognize my login details. When I click on the forgot password link and enter my email address it says my email address is invalid. Emailed the owner but got no reply.

OldGameMags is a legit site which is just as important to gaming mag preservation as Retromags (both are far and away the top 2 sites producing such content).  So please don't worry that you've been hoodwinked or something.  I'm sure @KiwiArcader will reply here, but perhaps you should check your email, or check if something accidentally got sent to the spam/trash folder?  Here's a quote from a post in OldGameMag's forums from a couple months ago:

If you are a current member and cannot log into the site check your emails as I migrated everyone over a week ago and it generated an automatic email with your temporary password. That is the reason why I advised people to ensure their email addresses were valid prior to the migration.

Yep .... right .... so oldgamemags is running just fine.

I migrated the site and cut over the userbase manually so there's a possibility I may have missed one in the copy/pasting I guess. I also have nearly 30 people who have yet to sign in and update their password which likely means they are using an invalid or discontinued email address or simply haven't visited the site. Hard to tell but if anyone has an issue all they need to do is contact via the email address on the site and I will do my best to get it sorted.

22 hours ago, TresHombres said:

I am still waiting for my approval, for what it is worth...

PM me with your PAYPAL donation details and I will look into it.

Any accounts created are automatically deleted after a day if no corresponding donation notification is received from PAYPAL or an email detailing past donation info is received from the account creator. I get too many accounts created per day from SPAM or people just wanting to leech to spend time sorting through everything and which could be better spent on getting the site updated with new content etc.

• Like 1