Question about a mid-'90s insert

4thandInches

Hi,

I'm not familiar with video games or old magazines about them, so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge. I'm trying to find an old issue of a video game magazine, though I'm not sure which magazine. I'm assuming it is Electronic Gaming Monthly, EGM2 or GamePro. I'm fairly confident it was a 1995 issue.  

The issue in question had insert cards for the video game College Football USA '96. I'm not sure if the insert sheet was part of an article about the game or an advertisement for the game. The cards have a blue border, say "College Football USA 96" in the upper left, have the team's logo in the middle and the school's name in a black bar near the bottom. The back the cards have info about the school at the top and a "Scouting Report" below that. I know one of the perforated cards was for the Florida Gators. Another was for the Tennessee Volunteers, and that card can be seen here.

Does anyone here know which issue of which magazine I'm looking for? I'm trying to come across it as a Christmas gift for a relative. If you could help at all, that'd be great. Please email me at bigdave311@aol.com.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. I really appreciate it. 

Thanks, 
Owen

13 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Your link is just directing me to the home page, but hopefully someone around here who is familiar with video game mags can help you out.

Hmm. Not sure why it's doing that. See if it works here.

If not, here is the actual link:

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-569169-post-2563039.html

Thanks for trying to help. This mystery is driving me crazy.

2 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Hmm. Not sure why it's doing that. See if it works here.

If not, here is the actual link:

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-569169-post-2563039.html

Thanks for trying to help. This mystery is driving me crazy.

Nope.  Neither link works.  Their site obviously doesn't allow for outside linking.

The only way to access it seems to be to copy and paste the link into the address bar.  Actually clicking on it just leads to the main page.

16 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Nope.  Neither link works.  Their site obviously doesn't allow for outside linking.

The only way to access it seems to be to copy and paste the link into the address bar.  Actually clicking on it just leads to the main page.

I tried to attach the image just now. Did it work? I hope so! Sorry for the hassle. I'm new to this site and to forums in general.

EA Sports.jpg

12 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

I tried to attach the image just now. Did it work? I hope so! Sorry for the hassle. I'm new to this site and to forums in general.

It wasn't anything you did or didn't do, it was just something to do with the way their site (or ours) is coded.  So no worries.  And yep, posting the picture works fine.  Can't say I've ever seen it before, but if it DID come from any of the mags you mentioned, I'm not likely to recognize it anyway.  So hopefully one of the many fans of those mags lurking around here has seen that card before.

1 hour ago, MigJmz said:

wooops beat me to it. Maybe posting this on EA forums will get you a response.

I just joined the EA site and posted on their forum. Thanks for the suggestion. Here's hoping that someone here or there can solve this mystery for it. With all the information on the Internet nowadays, you'd think it'd be relatively easy to find out what 1995 magazine had a particular insert. So far, not so good. Fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, Areala said:

The Trading Card Database might also help. They have a Card Identification Forum where you can post pics and information about unknown cards, and other members can see (and hopefully answer) your posts. :)

*huggles*
Areala

Thanks, Areala. I've placed my question on The Trading Card Database's Card Identification Forum. That's three forums I've joined in the last two days. Here's hoping someone on this forum or one of the other two can come through and solve this mystery for me!