E-Day

New Release - Station Issue 1 (1997)

I, for one, am always happy to see a "new" PlayStation magazine added! I had other interests when the system was current, so I never paid any attention to what gaming magazines were on the newsstand.  

Was this title a one-off or did it last a while? 

• Like 1

I have no clue. I tried finding out more info about this magazine but could not find anything. As you can imagine, searching for a magazine called "station" brings up a bunch of unrelated results. I could not find what month this was published.

• Like 2

Not one instance of this mag is mention anywhere online. It probably lasted a issue or 2 my guess.

• Like 1

The lack of an obvious publication date was odd (though someone could make an educated guess based on the release dates of the games reviewed; I had to do this with another magazine once). I also noticed multiple contact addresses (in different states, even) for different sections of the magazine. 

Nevertheless, thank-you for adding this to the database. I love reading the contemporary reviews and (especially) the strategy guides.   

• Like 1

You might find more by looking up the publisher and editor. They published GameFan from 1996-1998. It sounds like they were creating short lived failed magazines during this period.

Former employee linkedin

Editor in Chief

Digital Diner Magazine; Metropolis Publications

Feb 1996 - Oct 19971 year 9 months

Short-lived (when the company burned through its investor money quickly) magazine for digital culture--similar to Rolling Stone for music culture, and not as geeky as Wired. Two issues printed, third one "put to bed" but never released...

• Like 1

I searched for Metropolis Publications and most of the results were for a Metropolis magazine.

On a side note I never knew that Andy Eddy was at GamePro during some of the years I was reading it.