New Release - Die Hard Game Fan Volume 1 Issue 03 (January 1993)

E-Day

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not complaining mind you, but how did you manage to get this pass Halverson? Hasn't he shown up in the past, thrown a fit and had ya'll take them down previously?

The scans are amazing quality-wise, better than what I had found previously over at Archive.org. GF was one of those mags that I just loved back in the day. I have, physically, almost the entire collection. Thought about trying to get the rest, but they're just way too expensive.

At any rate, keep up the great work!

I'm not so sure Dave cares that much anymore. All his attempts to revive GameFan have ended in failure, including the partnership with Destructoid. Maybe the copyright E.Storm has finally passed for good and clear skies are ahead?

We'll see.

Edited by Sivilius

• Retromags Curator
11 hours ago, Bel said:

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not complaining mind you, but how did you manage to get this pass Halverson? Hasn't he shown up in the past, thrown a fit and had ya'll take them down previously?

Quick answer: we didn't "get them past" him. At the time he requested we remove the old files, he was working on a project of his own to archive digital editions of GameFan for sale. As that project has been defunct for a number of years, and copies are no longer available for purchase, we decided to tentatively add GameFan back into the rotation.

As with all of our files, should the copyright holder for any of these magazines request we remove them, we honor that request. But Dave hasn't had any interaction with this site or its staff for over a decade now, and the GameFan brand is in limbo as best we can tell. :)

*huggles*
Areala

• Retromags Curator

On top of what Areala said, he never contacted us directly. We heard through a former member who was working with him at the time that he didn't want us hosting those files. With Dave seemingly disappearing, the project dead, and us having some of his other publications on the site, it seemed like a good time to bring these back and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, more power to you. IMO, GameFan was probably the *best* magazine of its time. I loved EGM and GamePro(for a while at least), but GF was just something else. Can't wait until we get to the issues with those "blue shadows", lol.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator
On 4/22/2021 at 9:58 PM, CrazyMax46 said:

If I download this, is it just going to be a giant GIF that says April Fool's?

Who would ever do such a dastardly, vile, evil, dirty--oh, wait, yeah, we would probably do that. Excellent question! Please reply here once you've checked it out and learned the truth. :angel:

*huggles*
Areala