The Retromags Kitchen: Recipies For and From Gamers

Areala

• Retromags Curator

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a terrible cook. I can ruin cereal. I've ruined Pop Tarts before. Cook books make me throw up my hands in surrender; if it calls for more complex steps than "Boil water, add noodles, stir in sauce packet", I panic. Despite this, there are some things I've learned to make over the years that I'm not ashamed to serve others, mainly because they're not complicated and almost impossible even for me to screw up. So, with that in mind, and knowing gamers still have to eat sometimes, I thought it would be fun to start a thread for people to share their own personal gaming cuisine. Got a favorite food dish you like to make for game night? Throw it in here for others to try out and modify to their hearts' content. I'll get the ball rolling.

Areala's Game-Blasting Crock Pot Chili

Whether you're cooking it to feed yourself for a week, or a bunch of friends for a single game night, this dish is both easy and inexpensive! To make it, you'll need the following ingredients:

• 1 pound of ground beef
  • 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilis
  • 1 can of hot chili beans
  • 1 can of Serious Bean Co. Sweet & Sassy Dr Pepper Baked Beans
  • 2 packets of chili seasoning mix
  • 1 can of diced/cubed potatoes OR 1 can of fire-roasted corn
  • 1/4 cup of dried, minced onions
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • 2 tablespoons of black pepper, sea salt, paprika, and cumin

Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Dump the ground beef and everything else except the cheese into your crock pot and stir it around a few times to get a nice, even distribution. Add the cheese on top. Cook it on High heat for two hours, stirring every 30-40 minutes or so. Voila! You have just made the best chili in the universe, and if your friends disagree, then I'm sorry they still play everything on 'Easy' mode. :angel:

*huggles*
Areala

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

I don't have "gaming" food, mostly because I don't really play games anymore, nor did I ever associate foods with gaming. But I have certain foods I like to eat on certain days of the week. Like a Friday or Saturday feels like a night to eat take-out style foods (fried chicken, pizza, burgers, etc). So I will definitely share some of those. I actually like cooking, especially when it's for other people. so I am always trying out new recipes :)

• Like 1