Retromags Achievements and Ranks

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

With our new upgrade we now will have a brand new Achievement system that will tie into badges, points and ranks. This will take me a little while to structure, but essentially any interaction with Retromags will earn you points and also badges.

So how will this work?

• Post a New Topic - Receive a badge for your first post
  • Post 10 New Topics - Receive a badge for 10 new topics
  • Post 100 New Topics, - Receive a badge for 100 new topics
  • etc for 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10,000

and I will be doing a similar structure for....

• Reply to an existing topic - 1, 10, 100, 250, 500...etc
  • Post a new image in our Gallery - 1, 10, 100, 250, 500...etc
  • Comment on Gallery/Download Content - 1, 10, 100, 250, 500...etc
  • Upload a new Magazine - 1, 10, 100, 250, 500...etc
  • Being a Member for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years
  • Signing in for the day - Signing in each day for a week, month, year
  • Giving Reactions - Receiving Reactions

There will also be manual achievements for donating, scanning and editing magazines. Also for editing database records in the near future.

Now with all that said, the badges/achievements are not the only part to this, there is also a points system. Where I am going to be sitting down with @E-day and @Areala, and figuring out how many points each action is worth. Now what fun would points be if they were just numbers on a forum? So I am leaning very heavily right now, to starting to fill out the Retromags store with extra magazines, posters, trading cards, strategy guides and such, and allowing users to trade points for Retromags Gift cards, that can be used in the Retromags store. This would be a manual process, so I need to work out the details of what the minimum point value would be to cash out.

And yes, before anyone asks, I am looking for a way to reward PAST participation with Retromags where POSSIBLE! So it may be where I have to create a milestone to reward past actions. This would mean that if you already have 500 posts, that you would need to post once more to trigger the action of counting your past posts.

Just remember that the points system may drastically change over the next few weeks as we adapt it for Retromags. My goal is to reward your past efforts and any future contributions to Retromags.

-Robert

• Like 3

• Retromags Curator

Points System is pretty much done. This is the first draft, things may still change.

• New Release (Magazine, Guide, etc) = 100 Points
  • New Blog Post = 25 Points
  • New Database Record = 25 Points
  • New Forum Topic = 10 Points
  • New Reply to Existing Topic = 5 Points
  • New Gallery Image = 5 Points
  • New Comment on a File/Image = 2 Points
  • Follow a Member = 2 Points
  • Follow a Forum/Topic/File/Image = 2 Points
  • Reactions = 1 Point to each person (giver/receiver)

• Like 1

wow, this is very cool and i hope it drives participation. I still lurk here pretty frequently but will admit that my forum participation has dropped significantly the last couple of years. 

and no, i'm not just posting this to see what my ranking/points/achievements are......

• 4 weeks later...

i don't mean to brag, but according to the badges screen, i have earned 4 of 14 ranks and am in the top 1% of all members!

and i've barely done anything besides hang out for a long time and post occasionally! you can do it too! (yeah, ok, both @Phillyman and @Areala, the only other two people to post in this thread, are way ahead of me, but so what!)

• Retromags Curator
20 hours ago, twiztor said:

i don't mean to brag, but according to the badges screen, i have earned 4 of 14 ranks and am in the top 1% of all members!

and i've barely done anything besides hang out for a long time and post occasionally! you can do it too! (yeah, ok, both @Phillyman and @Areala, the only other two people to post in this thread, are way ahead of me, but so what!)

Keep in mind, I havent run the achievement tool across inactive members yet. So only users who are visiting are getting badges, and of those, until they post, or upload a new image, they are not backfilling their badges :P

• Downvote 1