Super Play (UK)

Sonicrain

Hello everyone,

I have the possibility of getting 30 magazines from SUPER PLAY (UK). I was wondering what the magazine is actually like.

Im from canada so im looking to see if its a good buy to get them. Im unable to find images right now of them online since it seems a bit hard.

Basically, whats the US comparable equivalent of that mag? Thanks a lot

The magazine was famed for import reviews, honest opinions and an interest in Japanese culture, usually related to gaming. They have news, previews, reviews, guides, tips and an archive of reviws at the back. Most screenshots have humourous captions. The original art inside the magazine is to a high standard. For me they more than stand up, as they have a high level of substance and good design.

I'd say pay 3 to 5 max absolute max per issue of the early ones. The last 12 or 15 issues are rarer and more expensive, as the snes was dying and people moved onto other mags. The exemption to this rule is Super Play Gold, which came out early but is pretty rare. Expect to pay 15-25 for that. I've got most of the run, but patchy towards the end.

• 2 months later...