Where to donate ~100 magazines?

Alzfpxq

Hey, I have a bunch of magazines I'd like to donate to be scanned.

• most of the issues of EGM that are listed as "Missing"
  • the final year and a half or so of Computer Gaming World
  • all of Games for Windows
  • ~45 "Missing" issues of Nintendo Power

@Phillyman, would you be the right person to send these to?

Also, I have an EGM issue #82 w/ an orange cover instead of the magenta cover in the database. Would that be worth archiving? I assume they're otherwise identical.

• Thanks 2

• Retromags Curator
19 minutes ago, Alzfpxq said:

Hey, I have a bunch of magazines I'd like to donate to be scanned.

• most of the issues of EGM that are listed as "Missing"
  • the final year and a half or so of Computer Gaming World
  • all of Games for Windows
  • ~45 "Missing" issues of Nintendo Power

@Phillyman, would you be the right person to send these to?

Also, I have an EGM issue #82 w/ an orange cover instead of the magenta cover in the database. Would that be worth archiving? I assume they're otherwise identical.

Phillyman is one of the people, but he already has a ton of stuff to scan and no time to really scan it at the moment. Plus he might already have everything; he has not been able to go through and catalog everything.

I also have a lot to scan but I am getting through it at a fairly decent pace. I am in Canada however, so shipping to me would be a bit more expensive. I can help cover the difference though if it's an issue.

@MigJmz might also be willing to take them. He is the other frequent scanner on the site and is in the US. I know he is editing scans originally scanned by other members and some of his own stuff so I am not sure he is willing to take more on at the moment.

Also, yes, it is worth archiving the alternate cover for EGM 82. When we have multiple covers and are able to, we include all of them in the scan of the magazine. Rarely does one member all all versions of the cover, so sometimes it's added later and the file on the site is updated.

• Like 2

They're not sealed in plastic, but most of them are in near-perfect condition aside from a little wear on the bindings and a shipping address label stuck on the front. I can take some pictures later if that would help.

On 7/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, Alzfpxq said:

They're not sealed in plastic, but most of them are in near-perfect condition aside from a little wear on the bindings and a shipping address label stuck on the front. I can take some pictures later if that would help.

Sounds good. PM me for shipping