Playing through old game mags live - Up Late With Radd

NorrinRadd

Every Sunday for the last year I have been playing through as many games as I can from an issue of GamePro magazine, framed as a comedy Late Night show. I had a subscription to GamePro from 1995 to 1998 or so, and I always found GamePro to be sort of the most vanilla in terms of showcasing a bit of everything. It's been a great magazine to travel back through all the major releases over the various platforms. I started in the 1995 issues and I am just coming up on the end of 1999!

Episodes air here every Sunday at 9:30pm PST:
https://www.twitch.tv/norrinradd22

I also archive every episode on Youtube. Here is the latest:

The format these days is that I first talk about the movies and the music that came out the same month in my intro segment called the Pop Culture Refresher, then I play about 10 games from each magazine while going through it page by page. I usually try to pick a mix of genuinely good games and absurdly ridiculous games. I've played every console and handheld up to this point, including Tiger Game.com.

The story of the show is that I bought a space station with my life savings and turned it in to a nightclub that only plays video game music, where I host a late night talk show with my co-host Fred Couples (former PGA Tour Champion). The two of us are constantly besieged by the clubs union maintenance man, who is usually trying to mess the show up.

I figure some of you might genuinely enjoy the show, and if I can get any momentum here, I will happily update the thread with new episodes.

• Like 1

There are a few stalwart heroes who stay and watch the whole show, but I totally get it. 6 hours is a lot of anything. Sometimes I stream for longer than I slept that day.

But I try to make the entire stretch interesting and entertaining. So anywhere you flip to int he episode should be fairly ridiculous. Thanks for checking it out!

Were you a GamePro reader back in the day too?

• 3 months later...