Looking to buy magazine CDs for preservation

Foxhack

What the topic says. I'm trying to get as many game magazine CDs (and those with gaming content of any sort) to start cataloguing them, index their contents, and eventually post the disc images online. Think of it as a complementary project to the work being done by both Retromags and Gaming Alexandria. I want to do magazines too, but that's far beyond my current capabilities.

I'd basically take the discs, scan them, dump them to Redump specifications, post a list of their contents somewhere (this is still being worked on), and eventually post the Redump spec dumps online.

A mostly complete list of what I have can be seen here. I'm waiting for a package to arrive, and I have a small bundle of discs that I haven't catalogued yet since I'm looking for secure ways to store them.

My mailing address is in the US of A. I'd be happy to buy or trade for stuff. Lemme know if you can help.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator
4 minutes ago, Foxhack said:

What the topic says. I'm trying to get as many game magazine CDs (and those with gaming content of any sort) to start cataloguing them, index their contents, and eventually post the disc images online. Think of it as a complementary project to the work being done by both Retromags and Gaming Alexandria. I want to do magazines too, but that's far beyond my current capabilities.

I'd basically take the discs, scan them, dump them to Redump specifications, post a list of their contents somewhere (this is still being worked on), and eventually post the Redump spec dumps online.

A mostly complete list of what I have can be seen here. I'm waiting for a package to arrive, and I have a small bundle of discs that I haven't catalogued yet since I'm looking for secure ways to store them.

My mailing address is in the US of A. I'd be happy to buy or trade for stuff. Lemme know if you can help.

Holy cow, that's quite the collection you've got there! :)

I have a slew of these that I always thought I'd "get to" one day, including quite a few that it doesn't appear you have in your collection. I'm happy to ship them out and add to your collection. :)

*huggles*
Areala :angel:

• Retromags Curator
16 minutes ago, Foxhack said:

I appreciate that, thank you. I'll ping you with an updated list once I get this package and update things.

I might also need to get some replacement discs since some of these are in very poor shape because I didn't take care of my CDs as a kid. So we'll see. :)

Are you interested in console discs as well, or is your focus solely on PC material? :)

*huggles*

2 hours ago, Areala said:

Are you interested in console discs as well, or is your focus solely on PC material? :)

*huggles*

I'm sticking to PC and Mac formatted discs, but if they also talk about console stuff (like the Ultra Gameplayers discs), I'll take them. Console demo discs from stuff like OPM or Xbox have been taken care of by a lot of people already, but there might be some folks who'd be interested.

Just now, bogusfrank said:

I have a pretty large collection of Official US PlayStation Magazine demo discs I’d be willing to let go. If you’re interested, shoot me a DM and we can work out details. 

Thank you, but I'm sticking to computer stuff! Lots of PS stuff has been preserved already. :)

• Like 1