justanotherscan's in progress/collection list

justanotherscan

Hi everybody. I recently remember this site existed while filling some gaps in my personal digital collection.

Here is a list of the magazines I own. None of them are scanned, and I won't have access to them in about 2-3 months as 6 months worth of some personal affairs will be taking place, so they'll be in storage. I don't really want to donate any at this time, nor do I want to destructively debind any.

I have two flatbeds, and an ADF at least for the next week. But I will probably buy my own soon too, they are cheap used online.

All of the magazines were received or purchased in Canada, so if there is some kind of regional difference.

I am currently working on a different personal scanning project, and time is sensitive with it, so I don't have much focus on my collection below. I am sharing it if there is an issue or page or something someone here might want scanned, so basically sharing it if there is something important someone wants scanned below before I am unavailable for 6 months or longer.

Nintendo Power

• Issues 205-285. Almost all of the later ones are Subscriber Edition covers, only I think 2 aren't.
  • Issue 231 (Aug 08 - 20th Anv issue) was signed by a number of people at the Nintendo Power 20th anniversary event at the Nintendo Store in New York City, NY, USA. Not sure if any of the signatures were related to the magazine crew or not, as I was with and met a lot of people
  • Issue 233 was signed by Chris Slate, and one other editor with the magazine, at the same 20th anniversary event (and I got a photo with them). I have a duplicate of this issue with a clean unsigned cover.
  • I have issue 268 as a dupe/non-sub cover (Sonic Generations I think)

PC Gamer (US)

Issues 222 onward are year 2012 (starting with January)

• Issue 158, 165, 170, 171, 173, 174, 177, 178
  • Issues 180-182, 184-190
  • Issues 192, 193, 195, 196, 199
  • Issues 200-224, 226-237
  • I have dupes of issues 212, 214, 215, 217-220
  • I also have Issue 201 of PC Gamer UK

Dreamcast Official?

• Issue 8, Nov 2000

EGM

• Issues 106, 108, 110-113, 116-119, 120, 135-151
  • Issues 247-251

Edge (UK I think)

• Issues 224, 234 (Feb & Dec 2011)

Games TM

• Issues 106, 109, 115

Game Informer

• Issue 223 (Cover 1 of 2)

GamePro

• Issues 215-226 (Aug 06-July 07)

PlayStation Official Magazine

• Issues 45, 47, 52

MAD Magazine

• Issues 170, 177, 183
  • Super Specials 14, 15 (including free The Nostalgic MAD insert), 19

I might have some other magazines tucked away but I doubt it. I have a few issues of a local ish one I will scan and upload.

I also have a good collection of posters, inserts, and complementary stuff included with Nintendo Power and PC Gamer (US). I have the backing board posters a few PC Gamers came with, nice big full sized posters. I have some more vintage issues of Nintendo Power, and some vintage complementary stuff (like I think a secrets guide from Nintendo Power from the 90s), but I don't know where they are right now as I've moved 3 times since reading them.

I have a number of game guides as well, at least these I Know I have somewhere because I have a photo of them in a stack:

• Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - Official Game Secrets (Osborne)
  • Duel Masters: Sempai Legends (Prima Official)
  • Duke Nukem Zer:o H:our - Official Strategy Guide
  • Pokemon Diamond & Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo Official Players Guide)
  • Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen (Prima Official)
  • Pokemon Snap (Prima Official)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Nintendo Official Players Guide)
  • The Sims Bustin' Out (Prima Official)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum (Prima Official)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef Of Destruction (Prima Official)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway To The Destined Duel (Prima Official)

So let me know if there's something someone really really wants.

I'm looking forward to being more involved with the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since you don't want to debind any issues, I'd scan any covers we're missing first. It's pretty quick work and you won't have to destroy the magazines.

As a personal request, it would be great to have those Official Playstation Magazines scanned! I have a complete demo disc collection from that magazine and it's a goal of mine to have the pages from each issue listing out the demo disc contents.

4 hours ago, bogusfrank said:

Since you don't want to debind any issues, I'd scan any covers we're missing first. It's pretty quick work and you won't have to destroy the magazines.

As a personal request, it would be great to have those Official Playstation Magazines scanned! I have a complete demo disc collection from that magazine and it's a goal of mine to have the pages from each issue listing out the demo disc contents.

Hi, are there any active lists of what covers are missing, or magazines in general? There are two threads i found here on the forums.

All of these threads are a bit out of date. the EGM one for example, issue 113 was rescanned and seems complete.

It seems I should scan covers for the PC Gamers I have, as all of them are not on-site here. We can ignore the digital editions found on many of the PC Gamer discs because those are compressed and modified.

EGM 139, 142, 143, 145, 146, 147, 149, 150 appears to be missing, I have them but yes would prefer to not debind unless there's a non destructive way, such as heating the glue off for the cover. I can scan the covers for these.

EDGE seems missing on-site, I can do covers for the 2 I have.

I will rescan the MADs I have by removing the staple binding the pages together, and try to remove the glue carefully for the Supers. The existing scans online on archive.org for example are very low quality. Readable but not archive-grade quality.

For Playstation, they are formally called "Playstation The Official Magazine", published by Future US, rebranded in 2007. Are these the ones you're looking for? They're branded for the PS2/PS3/PSP era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation%3A_The_Official_Magazine

I am sorry to disappoint if this isn't what you're loooking for, they don't appear to come with demo discs.

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this as a sort of general question for the members here...

I'm thinking of selling my Nintendo Power and PC Gamer, and some of the other ones I have... I don't have the space or desire to hold them. Although I want to scan the subscriber covers, and keep some of the special/signed issues I have. But part of me feels like it's a mistake to sell them.

I just wanted to get some input, but maybe a mod would prefer this be a different thread. I haven't had a chance to scan the ones missing from the site, but I am working on a build for book scanning.

Thanks

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

If part of you feels like it's a mistake to sell them, then you're probably better off holding on to (at least some of) them for now, unless space is truly at a premium and/or you could really use the money you'd get from them. If they still have meaning to you, then there's no reason to part with them.

The thing with video game magazines is that, much like old consoles and games themselves, there will be fewer and fewer of them as time goes by. That means if you want to re-acquire even a part of your collection later, chances are it will cost more to get them again than you would make by selling them. If you think it's unlikely you'll be interested in having physical copies in the future, and you can live with digital versions, then by all means, let them go. Otherwise, if they aren't in the way and you still feel an attachment to them, there's no reason not to hold on to them a little while longer. :)

*huggles*
Areala :angel:

• Like 1

I have always regretted throwing out (yes, throwing out!) my magazine collection in my 20s. I had hundreds of Amiga and PC magazines, many of which I'm still to this day trying to get my hands on digital copies. My biggest regret is throwing out the first 100 or so PC Powerplay issues, a number of which I've not found anywhere online. So my advice would be to sell any for which you can get your hands on a decent digital copy, and keep the rest.

• Like 1