Anyone else remember Tips and Tricks?

pika132

I remember owning like 20 issues of Tips & Tricks magazine back in the day. One of my favorite pastimes was reading through guides for weird games I never got to playCovert Ops: Nuclear Dawn and Syphon Filter 2 for PS1, WinBack: Covert Operations for N64, I-Spy: Industrial Espionage for Dreamcast, R.A.D.: Robot Alchemic Drive for PS2. Many of the games I begged my parents for also came from the walkthroughs in those pages: Star Ocean: The Second StorySpider-Man for PS1, 007: The World Is Not Enough for N64. Being able to recreate such an integral part of my childhood in .cbz format is both a pleasant nostalgia trip and a reminder of just how damn old I am.

Many thanks to whoever scanned this stuff, and here's hoping somebody finds and scans the April 2000 issue. I believe that's the one featuring an early preview of Eternal Darkness, still targeting an N64 release at the time". There's remarks that aged poorly, and then there's the preview's quote deriding the "survival horror type of game" as "hoo boy, another Resident Evil clone." Just, wow.

• Like 3

• Retromags Curator

I scooped up the very first issue of Tips & Tricks simply because it had Mortal Kombat II on the cover, and I was ga-ga over that game. But yeah, great magazine and I always get excited when another issue shows up on the site. :)

*huggles*
Areala :angel:

• Like 2

Tips&Tricks was the mag i would always look for after "Nintendo Power" was no longer cool. i still loved NP, but when i was in study hall or whatever, i couldn't be seen reading it, so i reached for T&T or, if that was taken, EGM.