What was the first (major) graphics card you bought for your computer?

Areala

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

honestly I can't remember. I think it was an ATI Radeon but I don't know what model. The year was 2008 but it was a cheap build. Before that it was all prebuilts or family computers. I remember getting a new computer in 2010 and it blew my budget machine out of the water, so I don't think it was anything amazing.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I went through so many video cards back then.

My first was the STB Lightspeed 128. I bought this because it was reportedly faster than the previous champion, the Matrox Millennium. From there I went to a Matrox Millennium II.

The first 3d accelerator was the Diamond Monster3d.

From there it was an endless stream. I bought basically every incremental upgrade for years. Voodoo2, Matrox G200, Riva TNT, TNT2, Geforce 256, Geforce 2, Geforce 3, Geforce 4.

The final video card I had was one of the last manufactured for the AGP bus: ATI 9800 XT.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Crap, i still have them in a box in my garage...can't remember the exact name but it was one of the Voodoos where you can use 2 in SLI. 

I miss the days when a top of the line GPU was $300-400. Now we have Nvidia GPU prices outta control again. $2500 for an Asus ROG 4090 lol. 

Edited by vice350z

• 1 month later...