Has The Wii Lost Its Coolness Factor?

Slink85

I remember when my sis and her boyfriend first got the Wii. We would play it everyday, all day. Everytime we met it was to play the Wii and Wii bowling. I stayed in line at Best Buy from 10pm til 8am to get a Wii. It was freezing cold that night. I ended up selling the Wii for some profit and was looking forward to purchasing a Wii once there were more available. Now my cousin has one and we still play it but no where near as much. The Wii had the coolness factor with the remotes, free game, and several fun games. Now the games aren't as exciting. Wii play is a piece of crap in my opinion. The new golf game was fun for about 2 hours. Monkey Ball was fun for several weeks and now we never touch those games. I wonder what Nintendo will do to make the game interesting again. Anyone else thinks the Wii has lost the "it" factor?

I agree with you. And I hope Nintendo comes up with new cool games soon. The Wii Sports was awesome, and now they need to come up with another one like it. Not played nearly as much as we used to.

Come on Nintendo!

Wii want to play. :)

try getting a wii. itrackr says they have like 2% availability across US. ps3 ranks about 85% stores having it in stock.

Yes getting a Wii is difficult but my topic isn't about the availability of the wii system. Argue the point if you think Wii has not lost it's coolness or the it factor.

I still play mine a lot. I haven't finished any of the games 100% yet. WarioWare is a lot of fun. It can be beaten prteey quickly but will require some replay to get 100%. Elebits is fun but it could offer better incentives to go back and complete the additional challenges after the first time through. Excite Truck takes a while to master and while the control shceme is difficult at first, it can be fun once you get used to it.

I also have to play through my virtual console games. The Wii still takes up every precious free moment that I have.

Games that I'm looking forward to include Super Paper Mario, Cooking Mama, and of course: Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, and Metroid.