Usb Gamepads

jeffjenx

• 1 year later...

I use Super Joy Box 3 for my controller needs. It's a Playstation-> USB converter, and I think a PS controller is just perfect for emulating any classic system I feel the need to. Just make sure you don't buy the cheap knock-offs off ebay...I bought one from a mass seller from Hong Kong and the thing was dead within 2 days. Watch out for the transparent blue models..

I use a Logictec Wingman Game Pad for my gaming. I'm not sure if they even make the model I have any more but it has every button you need and then some. It has a slider for throttle game, a pad, 2 joysticks, 6 buttons on the face, and two buttons on the back, like the Playstation has only 1 on each side instead of two. If you can find it cheap you might give that a try, and yes it is a USB game pad.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a Saitek P880, it was pretty good in my opinion (for the few games where I would actually use it), it kind of resembled the PS* Dual Shock, only the model I had was wired (GOOD!) and didn't rumble.

Recently, I purchased a Gamecube controller for my Wii at Walmart. I was shocked to discover that they carried a PC USB adapter for $10. It's by Gamemon and works great... when the game I am playing detects the damn controller... It allows me to have up to three controllers connected to my PC!.. if only I had a PS2 and XBOX controller to fill those ports.............

It supports rumble, but I think it's lacking something on my GC controller... I've never owned a Gamecube, but aren't the L and R triggers supposed to be pressure sensitive?

Anyway, I've had/seen plenty of new PC joysticks by reputable brands that pulled to the right or have some similar problem. I've never seen a fidgity console joypad, however.