When Will Lost End?

Cicnird

I don't know, I have so many theories.

Just when I think I have it all figured out, things change, and it creates even more questions than before. Not sure when Lost will end, it seems that the producers are struggling with giving us answers, as that might hint the end of the show?

I really hope the producers have it all together. There are too many coincidences and all the characters appear to be related to one another in some way or another. It makes you wonder if they are all in a mental instituation and Dharma is doing a research on their mind.

That's one of my crazy theories.

:lol:

Well, the series is only supposed to last for 5 seasons so it should be about half way through.

As for what will happen, I really don't know. I think that Michael will definitely re-emerge and find redemption (the producers have hinted as much). I also think that it will be interesting when we start to see more about the people in the outside world who are hunting for the survivors and Desmond. Then there are things that make me wonder how they will possibly be explained like the monster and the four toed foot statue.

One thing is certain: whatever happens, I will be watching :grin:

One more key prediction: Charlie will die in the not too distant future. Desmond's flashbacks (or flash forwards?) clearly forecast that this is unavoidable and unless they are willing to throw this major principle to the wind, Charlie is history. Besides, they haven't really done anything useful with his character in quite some time other than introduce the unavoidable death prediction a few episodes back.

Also, if you are interested in learning more about what could be a revealing future development, look up the characters Horace and Olivia, who haven't yet been introduced but will supposedly be the subjects of a Dharma backstory episode that predates anything that we have seen on the show before by decades. I'm excited for this one. My prediction is that these characters control the smoke monster (based on the episode's title: The Man Behind the Curtain".)

i hate that smoke monster. what the hell is it?

Well, that's one of the big mysteries. All that we know so far is that visual representations of people's memories float around inside of it, it can (possibly) take other forms or cause people to see things that aren't really there, it can (and often does) kill people, it has been purported to be a "security system", and last night we learned that the others (apparently) don't know what it is but it doesn't like sonic barriers.

Well, that's one of the big mysteries. All that we know so far is that visual representations of people's memories float around inside of it, it can (possibly) take other forms or cause people to see things that aren't really there, it can (and often does) kill people, it has been purported to be a "security system", and last night we learned that the others (apparently) don't know what it is but it doesn't like sonic barriers.

I think that the others know more about the black smoke than what they would like us to believe. In last night's episode, the black smoke flashed a couple of times at seeing Julia in the jungle. And then it went away, interesting. If black monster really wanted to kill them, it would have done it instead of disappearing.

Now what I want to know is where the others have gone? And why did they take John?! He saw his 'father' and now we won't know for awhile.

Now what I want to know is where the others have gone? And why did they take John?! He saw his 'father' and now we won't know for awhile.

I really don't have a clue as to where the others went unless it was back to Alcatraz Island. As for Locke, I have a feeling that he has joined the others. The things that he said to Kate seemed to hint at this.

I really don't have a clue as to where the others went unless it was back to Alcatraz Island. As for Locke, I have a feeling that he has joined the others. The things that he said to Kate seemed to hint at this.

The Others know what they are doing, they are always one step ahead the Losties. Losties cannot trust them.

Nothing is what it seems.

And that is frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

Recent reports have indicated that Michael may not be returning after all as actor Harold Perrineau has turned down an offer to return in this season's finale. I guess that he could change his mind eventually but I'm no longer getting my hopes up about seeing more of Michael (with the exception of it possibly being addressed by other characters).

There are a lot of lingering mysteries from season one that still haven't been addressed or have been completely ignored and that bugs me:

Did Walt really have any powers?

What happened to Jack's dad's body?

What's with the polar bears?

Why did people hear mysterious whispering in the jungle?

What is the real significance of the numbers (if any)?

What's Rousseau's back story?

Where is the radio transmitter that was sending out the numbers and then Rousseau's distress call?

Who were Adam and Eve (the skeletons found in the caves)?

How did the Black Rock end up in the middle of the jungle?

And of course, what is the true nature of the smoke monster?

They have been introducing so many new mysteries involving The Others and Desmond that it really makes me wonder if any of those early mysteries will be addressed. I get the feeling that we'll at least get some answers on May 9th when they do the Ben back story episode.