Phillyman

Phillyman's Work In Progress...

Scanning Continues.....

antic_issue_022_aug_1984_001 (Custom).jpgantic_issue_025_nov_1984_001 (Custom).jpgantic_issue_023_sep_1984_001 (Custom).jpg

antic_issue_030_apr_1985_001 (Custom).jpgegm_issue_138_jan_2001_001 (Custom).jpgultra_gameplayers_issue_106_jan_1998_001 (Custom).jpg

and a redo of EGM 64

egm_issue_64_page_001 (Custom).jpg

• Antic Issue 22 (August 1984)
  • Antic Issue 23 (September 1984)
  • Antic Issue 25 (November 1984)
  • Antic Issue 30 (April 1985)
  • EGM Issue 138 (January 2001)
  • Ultra GamePlayers Issue 106 (January 1998)
  • EGM Issue 64 (November 1994)
  • Like 1

If u guys like my editing i can edit any Gamepros lol. Btw i would like to buy this missing gamepros magazines  but since i cant scan. Can any member  scan those and i can do all the editing by August ... ill send it to any1 how have the time ...i just want to read those soon too xD (im so selfish) 

4 hours ago, Melki said:

If u guys like my editing i can edit any Gamepros lol. Btw i would like to buy this missing gamepros magazines  but since i cant scan. Can any member  scan those and i can do all the editing by August ... ill send it to any1 how have the time ...i just want to read those soon too xD (im so selfish) 

I have a few members floating boxes of magazines to me at the moment. Let me see what arrives, but those covers look very familiar and I have no emotional attachment to GamePro magazines so I can chop and scan them up. :)

Melki in the forums you should see a section for my unedited scans, if you click on that you will always be able to grab anything waiting on someone to edit. I will try to grab some more GamePros from the pile this week.

35 minutes ago, Phillyman said:

I have a few members floating boxes of magazines to me at the moment. Let me see what arrives, but those covers look very familiar and I have no emotional attachment to GamePro magazines so I can chop and scan them up. :)

Melki in the forums you should see a section for my unedited scans, if you click on that you will always be able to grab anything waiting on someone to edit. I will try to grab some more GamePros from the pile this week.

lol chop them up. didnt know that section. leave any GamePro to me. ill edit and upload for aproval b4 releasing

40 minutes ago, Phillyman said:

You can find the ones you are holding for me at the same time :P

I also have a stack of GamePro magazines sitting downstairs in my pile of stuff to scan. Chances are I might have those missing ones. All the ones in that pile are ones that are not on the site yet. Before you buy anything, let me check the stack.

If Phillyman has them to, it's better that he scans them since his scanner does a far better job than mine does, especially in keeping the pages straight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, E-Day said:

You can find the ones you are holding for me at the same time :P

I also have a stack of GamePro magazines sitting downstairs in my pile of stuff to scan. Chances are I might have those missing ones. All the ones in that pile are ones that are not on the site yet. Before you buy anything, let me check the stack.

If Phillyman has them to, it's better that he scans them since his scanner does a far better job than mine does, especially in keeping the pages straight.

\o/ nice!! thanks!! :3

37 minutes ago, Melki said:

\o/ nice!! thanks!! :3

Of course, none of the ones I have in my pile to eventually scan are the ones in that auction.

Bit of house cleaning on the site today. When we upgraded to 4.x from 3.x we got some new features. One of these was the ability to create custom member field types. We had the ability to create custom text field types up to that point. So all the credit fields in the Download Manager were just text names. Meaning people could misspell or write whatever they wanted. Now it is a member field type and generates a hyperlink to that members profile, as well as the hover card when you mouse over it.

While in there I deleted the old credit fields, converted them over into the new credit fields, and made sure that those fields were available in all the categories in our DLM. I also set all the categories to sort by "Title" because many were set to sort by "Last Updated" or "Upload Date". This of course exposed a new bug, where the default sort order is Title descending....rather than Title Ascending. So at the moment you will start off at the highest issue number, unless you click the sort order and click "Title" again....which will flip it.

It is always something!

oldway.png

newway.png

• Like 1

Another day of messing in the backend of Retromags. The other day I brought down everything in our Download Manager to my workstation. I am now seeing exactly how large our active collection is (minus old revisions and orphaned files). Once I get the valid releases extracted, I can run them thru an MD5 checksum and then mass drop those values into the Download Manager and Magazine Database.

Then the fun begins.....

giphy.gif

I'll be honest, I've never once downloaded a file and checked to verify if it's MD5 matched or not.  If the file opens, that's good enough for me.:P

2 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

I'll be honest, I've never once downloaded a file and checked to verify if it's MD5 matched or not.  If the file opens, that's good enough for me.:P

Its more that just verifying its not corrupt. you will see :)

Oh that's right.  I think I remember what you're planning.  I like micromanaging everything myself when keeping track of my collections, though.  I HAVE A SYSTEM.:lol:

6 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Oh that's right.  I think I remember what you're planning.  I like micromanaging everything myself when keeping track of my collections, though.  I HAVE A SYSTEM.:lol:

Yes the renamer/organizer tool I am developing, but also I am going to start automating things around here. If the MD5 in the Download Manager matches the MD5 field in the Magazine Database, it will write the scanned by, edited by, released by, donated by fields from the DLM to the DB......basically saving users from having to duplicate that info across parts of the site.

• Like 1

hi ive been checking the unedited files folder and i also re-read the thread , ill work in editing GamePro for the help (asked in the thread). and theres post about an uploaded folder with more magazines to edit... is there any GamePro to edit in another folder? or i guess i should wait for more to be scanned.... thanks!

2 hours ago, Melki said:

hi ive been checking the unedited files folder and i also re-read the thread , ill work in editing GamePro for the help (asked in the thread). and theres post about an uploaded folder with more magazines to edit... is there any GamePro to edit in another folder? or i guess i should wait for more to be scanned.... thanks!

Hey Melki,

I will try to get a few scanned tomorrow when I get home from work :)

On 26/7/2017 at 6:57 PM, E-Day said:

Of course, none of the ones I have in my pile to eventually scan are the ones in that auction.

i dunno why i didnt answer this. ill edit any missing/adquired GamePro. :D

12 hours ago, Phillyman said:

Hey Melki,

I will try to get a few scanned tomorrow when I get home from work :)

:w00t: alright. i know you have been very busy, but ill edit any GamePro scanned(to any member: dont be afraid to scan, ill edit it).

51 minutes ago, Phillyman said:

Could not immediately find any Gamepros in the front stacks, so just gonna clear these out :)

tnt.jpg

psxextrem2.jpg

psxetreme.jpg

Holy cow xD would edit that much gamepros. Coming up next...

Screenshot_2017-08-12-10-34-48.png

1 hour ago, Melki said:

Holy cow xD would edit that much gamepros. Coming up next...

Screenshot_2017-08-12-10-34-48.png

I went in looking for GamePros in the 2000-2005 range. Nothing jumped out at me, here is a closer look at what is available up front. Let me know if I missed anything that is needed to be scanned.

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

Also, just to let you guys know. I am working on finally getting a hand on what I actually own :) I am getting custom asset tags made up and have volunteered my wife to help bag and tag all of the magazines. I am about to write a small GUI that will have fields to fill out with.

asset-tag.pnginventory-sheet.png

Those 6 magazines have been pulled and will be scanned first. Nothing is ever missing, just misplace :P

Good eyes, I scanned the piles for any easy pulls and when I saw the stack of Tips and Tricks, I knew we only had 5 issues scanned so I just grabbed the entire stack.

2 hours ago, Phillyman said:

Those 6 magazines have been pulled and will be scanned first. Nothing is ever missing, just misplace :P

Good eyes, I scanned the piles for any easy pulls and when I saw the stack of Tips and Tricks, I knew we only had 5 issues scanned so I just grabbed the entire stack.

!!!! \o/ 

I forgot one more loooooool :D

2017-08-12_15.46.54.jpg