Phillyman's Work In Progress...

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Hopefully they count the covers in their page numbers. I know GamePro and Compute! do not, and it's annoying to change the numbering on the scanned files so that the file number matches the page number.

I'll be auto-processing the Computes and the other stuff that was in that batch (PSExtreme, Q64) tonight, and then manually fixing up the covers later this week. I think I'll wait for the first 100 scans to be done before I start looking through each issue to manually fix what needs more attention.

• Retromags Curator

Man GamePros are a time suck with all the inserts, fold outs, posters, comics, trading cards and whatever else they could throw in that mag. One of the GamePros I picked out to scan was too damaged, so I had to throw an EGM2 in the mix to hit my numbers :P

Anywho, I am now up to 95 magazines for February :)

2019 Scans 84-95

2019Scans84-95.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Retromags Curator
10 hours ago, MigJmz said:

so the files in 'Unedited Scans (Awaiting)' can anyone edit? Or is someone doing those already ?

Everything in the "000 In Progress" is being worked on by me. If you decide to edit something, either put your name in the folder name or move it to the In Progress folder so I don't start working on it too eventually.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the work you guys have done, nice to see such a large chunk of gaming mags preserved!  Waiting patiently for the re-scan of EGM 100, I remember buying that issue as a kid and loving their top 100 games article in it.  Also hoping the old PS1 era OPM US magazine gets some love and preservation at some point, that was an old favorite of mine.

• Retromags Curator
2 hours ago, Leathco said:

Thanks for all the work you guys have done, nice to see such a large chunk of gaming mags preserved!  Waiting patiently for the re-scan of EGM 100, I remember buying that issue as a kid and loving their top 100 games article in it.  Also hoping the old PS1 era OPM US magazine gets some love and preservation at some point, that was an old favorite of mine.

EGM Issue 100 is sitting no more than 3 feet from me as I post this. I will see about prepping it out this weekend and putting it thru the scanner :)

I know I have a stack of about 30-50 PSM magazines around here somewhere, as for OPM, I feel like I dont have that many of those.

14 hours ago, mvangord said:

I definitely had that issue of Pocket Games, I only really used it for the Crash Bandicoot GBA walkthrough in it.  Keep doing God's work, these are some seriously great finds😁

My goal is to find all 20 issues of Pocket Games and get them to Phillman for scanning. I got 1-14 from a guy on ebay after he gave me a decent deal. Those are what Phillman is scanning now. I'm keeping an eye out for the remaining issues. I was pissed to miss one of them recently. They don't pop up often. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonphilmitch said:

My goal is to find all 20 issues of Pocket Games and get them to Phillman for scanning. I got 1-14 from a guy on eBay after he gave me a decent deal. Those are what Phillman is scanning now. I'm keeping an eye out for the remaining issues. I was pissed to miss one of them recently. They don't pop up often. 

I thought this one issue I had was Pocket Games but apparently it was something else.  Does anybody know of any other US GB-focused publications that existed around 2000?  Something like "Pocket Gamer" maybe?  It definitely didn't last too long, might have been something Future published.  I'd send it to you guys if I could dig it out of my basement.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice selection you've got there!  I think I own this one issue of PSM where they outlined a hypothetical RPG that defied the cliches of the time and they had art of this one character who healed people by doing live surgery on them.  Eeeyuck.  I think it was around late 2002 since it had a bunch of stuff on the first SOCOM.  Got it from my dentist's office of all places.

Also looking forward to the NPs being complete because you guys are the only scanners of it anywhere who keep the posters (which have important stuff on the side of them, nice design choice people who made the magazine 😡)!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 2:34 AM, Phillyman said:

Man GamePros are a time suck with all the inserts, fold outs, posters, comics, trading cards and whatever else they could throw in that mag. One of the GamePros I picked out to scan was too damaged, so I had to throw an EGM2 in the mix to hit my numbers :P

Anywho, I am now up to 95 magazines for February :)

2019 Scans 84-95

2019Scans84-95.jpeg

No waaay Where? 😍🤩