Auctions Won By Retromags

Phillyman

So I am guessing I will need to create a Mean Machines section soon ;)

:laughing: Well, soon might be a bit early. Still have to get through the Sega Saturn magazines and I was planning on doing the Paul Davies CVG years after those.

But I'm thinking of possibly going from one mag to another once in a while as it would create more variety.

Have to think about how to handle that though.

I also just notice the Mega Play magazines.

Not sure if I missed that post or if I simply had a blackout and forgot everything about it, but those seem so sweet. :happy:

I'm also looking into another magazine, but I won't post it here now until I have them.

Otherwise I might shoot myself in the foot and someone else might snipe them from before my nose. :wink:

Just as I expected, there were 4 snipers laying there waiting to pick me off at the last moment, but looks like their aim was a bit off today. :fear:

b023_1.JPG

c488_1.JPG

942f_1.JPG

It cost quite a bit of money, and I'm sure I'll be hurting even more by the shipping costs, but the complete set of 29 Sega Mega Tech magazines from the UK are ours.

Spanning from 1991 to 1994 during the Megadrive years, I think we're in for a treat. :happy:

You can send it to me. I will take care of scanning it. PM me and I will give you the details.

I can even bump it up on my scanning queue so that after it gets here, I will do it next.

-Noah

I won a November 1994 issue of GamePro that I want to send to someone on here. I PM'ed Phillyman, but he has yet to respond. Any scanners who want to scan it can PM me their address and I will try to get the seller to ship it to you.

• Retromags Curator
Wow, including shipping it came to over €180 :pinch:

A bit more than I thought it would be...

Wait I am bad with foriegn currency, is that Euro's or Pounds, The currency calculator says thats between $268 and $354 in USA ....thats crazy.....you gonna resell them after scanning?? Thanks for acquiring these though :)

Wait I am bad with foriegn currency, is that Euro's or Pounds, The currency calculator says thats between $268 and $354 in USA ....thats crazy.....you gonna resell them after scanning?? Thanks for acquiring these though :)

Yeah, it's around $270.

Thought it would be closer to $200 or less.

I haven't even thought about reselling magazines tbh. Never sold anything on ebay yet.

• Retromags Curator

Anyone who is interested in EGM should take a look at this auction. 6 issues from 1992, including the mega awesome December 1992 issue. Mega awesome because it's 290 pages :D. I know some of those 6 issues are already scanned (2 or 3); I'd be willing to buy the issues already done, or donate towards the cost of the auction.

3.5 days left!

EDIT: Actually, here are a pile more:

9 Issues from 1991

8 Issues from 1992 (including the awesome Dec. 1992 issue!)

All 12 issues from 1993

10 issues from 1994 including the 400-page+ December issue!

8 issues from 1995

WOW! What an opportunity. If help is needed with funds, I can help out a bit to make sure this site gets those magazines. Just PM me if you need assistance.

• Retromags Curator

Monkeybot has scheduled a time to meet up with me this coming Sunday and Donate the following magazines to Retromags for preservation! Make sure to give him a BIG thanks :)

Official Dreamcast Magazine issues 3 and 10

Game Informer issue 100

Gamego issue 1

Gamefan vol 8 issues 4 and 6-12

Gameplayers May 1990

Gamepro 6/95

GMR 1, 2, 4-9

EGM issues 9, 13, 18, 19, 24, 25, 29, 34, 47, 48, 49, 50, 54, 58, 59, 60, 61, 64, 82, 100, 150

EGM 2 issues 1 and 8

EGM Holiday Guide 1990-1999, 2001-2003

High-End June/July 1992

NextGen 21, 23, 25, 26, 30, 32-54

Lifecycle 2, vol 1, 1-4; vol 2, 1, 2, 4-12; vol 3 1, 2, 5, 11

Play issue Mar 2003

PSM issues 1, 2, 4-16

SWAT Fall 1990

Tips and Tricks Codebook 1999

VGCE 10/90

A big thanks from me as well, Monkeybot!

There are some great mags in there, and I'm especially looking forward to the one and only GameGo! issue! I've heard such great things about it and it has quite a story behind it, so I can't wait to finally be able to read that one! :happy: