Auctions Won By Retromags

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator
1998 was the last year 16-bit games were released, or at least covered in game magazines. After that I lose interest :lol:

Good grab though! The more magazines the better :)

Honestly I am starting to doubt any reason to go past 1999 for some magazines. Once you get to Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox.....its not really Retro anymore....So anything past it is not a priority for me at this time

Honestly I am starting to doubt any reason to go past 1999 for some magazines. Once you get to Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox.....its not really Retro anymore....So anything past it is not a priority for me at this time

Same here, although my timeline as well as my passion for magazines seems to end with the death of the Dreamcast.

I haven't read any magazines (besides Retrogamer, but that doesn't count since it's a retro mag in and of itself) since the last Dreamcast magazines where I actually felt connected to the whole gaming scene.

Perhaps it's just getting older or something, but I just don't feel like the gaming industry has the soul it once had, and that includes gaming mags sadly.

MarioDance.gif

71f7_1.JPG

72c4_1.JPG

This auction is for the complete collection of Super Play magazines. It was the mag to buy for any true SNES fan back in the day. I have issues 1-47 plus the special 1993 GOLD issue.

It was a bit pricey in the last few seconds, but I just have to get them. :happy:

It'll be over 200 pounds including shipping costs, but when you look at it that's just 4-5 pounds per magazine, and knowing that I've seen individual magazines go for up to 12 pounds without shipping (which would be another 3-5 pounds for me), it's quite a bargain.

Now I'm off to the local supermarket to buy a months worth of ramen, since that'll be the only thing I'll be eating for many, many weeks. :ohmy:

The complete Super Play set has just arrived and all the mags are in pretty much perfect condition! :happy:

Now I only have to wait for the full set of MegaTech to arrive as it has been reshipped after the postal service sent it back to the UK after being missing for 3 weeks...

Got another great one just now:

7358_1.JPG

It's the special edition Club Nintendo Classics Christmas issue of the UK Club Nintendo Magazine from 1990.

I loved this issue back when I received it all those years back, and I still have it, but as you might already know, mine was in Dutch.

So this is the English version of the same mag.

For me this was the first ever issue which took a look back to some old games as the Classics subtitle hints at. Doing the retro gaming thing many years before others hopped on the bandwagon.

This issue goes a bit more in depth into a couple classics like Zelda 1&2, Super Mario Bros 1&2, Castlevania, and on the GameBoy side Super Mario Land, Tetris, etc. among several more titles.

Can't wait to scan this one and have you guys and girls enjoy it as well. :grin:

I know I shouldn't have done this, seeing my financial state at the moment, but I couldn't resist.

Just won the full set of Official DreamCast magazines from the UK in perfect condition for about €3 per issue, shipping included.

Seeing as shipping for an individual issue normally comes to something between €5-8 it's quite the bargain.

Luckily noone matched my very low maximum price. :blushing:

Time to update the Acquired Issues wiki page. :grin:

• Retromags Curator
I know I shouldn't have done this, seeing my financial state at the moment, but I couldn't resist.

Just won the full set of Official DreamCast magazines from the UK in perfect condition for about €3 per issue, shipping included.

Seeing as shipping for an individual issue normally comes to something between €5-8 it's quite the bargain.

Luckily noone matched my very low maximum price. :blushing:

Time to update the Acquired Issues wiki page. :grin:

Ok Meppi dont make us have an Intervention on you, Surrender the Ebay account now :lol:

I am selling the 3 Nintendo Power Flash Magazines in my possession tonite to help pay for my auctions. Dont go broke on us now...

How much did you get them for?

Congrats!!!!! We can expect some scans tomorrow right? ;)

Probably not, I have 2 Dreamcast mags and they are too big for standard scanners, so they need to be scanned and stitched together (very time consuming)

Dont mention a A3 scanner to Meppi .....he might buy it :fear:

Ok Meppi dont make us have an Intervention on you, Surrender the Ebay account now :lol:

I am selling the 3 Nintendo Power Flash Magazines in my possession tonite to help pay for my auctions. Dont go broke on us now...

How much did you get them for?

I think if this keeps up I'll have to find a therapy group or something. :dizzy:

The magazines would be just about €60 as you can see here.

Probably not, I have 2 Dreamcast mags and they are too big for standard scanners, so they need to be scanned and stitched together (very time consuming)

Dont mention a A3 scanner to Meppi .....he might buy it :fear:

Yeah, it takes quite a bit of time to do those due to that issue.

But it's a labour of love, so I don't mind too much.

I'm actually doing the same thing with the SSM set, since the bottom of the page is always cut off a bit to far, so I rescan every page and manually stitch the bottom back on.

That's why I've deleted all my old SSM scans from last year and started all over from scratch with issue 1.

I could get them out much faster if I ignore this, but I just want them to be as perfect as possible. :happy:

Oh, and Philly. I've looked up how much a good A3 scanner goes for.... so I don't really have the urge to pick one of those up any time soon. :grin:

• Retromags Curator
Oh, and Philly. I've looked up how much a good A3 scanner goes for.... so I don't really have the urge to pick one of those up any time soon. :grin:

I think maybe next year I will take up a collection for this guy so that I can scan the A3 sized Next Generations, Dreamcast and Official Xbox magazines

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16838115035

• Retromags Curator

Won!

Four Ultra Game Players

* November 1997

* Holiday 1997

* Janurary 1998

* February 1998

Three Tips and Tricks

* Summer 1994, Volume 1, Number 2 (Tape on Cover)

* April 1996

* April 1998

Five Gamepro

* May 1990, Issue #2

* June 1994 (Loose cover)

* Janurary 1996

* May 1996

* July 1997

Two Game Players

* December 1994

* March 1995

Two Electronic Gaming Monthly

* April 1996

* May 1996

This guy was my main reason for winning ......ISSUE 10 OF GAMEPRO!!!!!

160pxgp9005wy3.jpg