Auctions Won By Retromags

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

This thread will serve to keep members updated with what we have acquired, Any members that wish to go onto Ebay and bid on magazines to send to us to scan is also welcome to post any auctions they win

Remember, that if you wish to get a Premium Membership to this website, you can do so by helping out scanning, editing, distributing or donating money or magazines. Depending on the age of the magazine you will be credited a Premium Membership as follows!

• Each video game magazine donated that is 1997-2001 counts as 2 weeks as a Premium member!
  • Each video game magazine donated that is 1992-1996 counts as 1 month as a Premium member!
  • Each video game magazine donated that is before 1992 counts as 2 months as a Premium member!

Any help is appreciated in keeping this project alive!

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

WON!

40c51bou8.jpg

This auction includes:

5 Issues of Game Informer November 1994 - January 1996 wich includes the first monthly issue of Game Informer

2 Issues of Expert Gamer August 1999 - June 2000

2 Issues of Game Players January 1995 - Febuary 1996

2 Issues of ULTRA gameplayers August 1997 - September 97

1 Issue of Nintendo Power April 97

1 Issue of EGM's Player's Guide to Video Games for the N64 volume 2

1 Issue of 64 Magazine 1998

6 Issue of GamePro Nov 97 - Jan 99

• Retromags Curator

WON!

d9701du5.jpg

You are bidding on Official XBox Magazine issues 1-71. The only issues are missing are 61 and 67. This is almost every single issue of OXM from the Magazines inception in 2001. All Magazines are in good or very good condition. Almost all of them have no rips or tears. A fantastic item for a gamer and must have for any collector

• Retromags Curator

WON! - But took 4 weeks for the prick to mail them to me :rolleyes:

bb341mx3.jpg

All 12 issues of 1997 Next Generation Video Game Magazine plus the January 1998 issue special limited edition. I have an extra october(1997) Issue with disc still in original plastic. All Magazines in good to mint condition.

• Retromags Curator

WON!

v203zj5.jpg

EXCELLENT LOT OF 4 VHS VIDEOS! YOU GET ALL 4 VIDEOS PICTURED! ALL ARE NEW AND UNOPENED! SEALED IN PLASTIC. EACH TAPE PROVIDES DETAILED HINTS, TIPS, AND CLUES TO HELP YOU MASTER NINTENDO GAMES! SHIPPING IS 4.00 IN THE USA. EMAIL ME FOR SHIPPING RATES OUTSIDE OF THE USA. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!!!! PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MORE NEW VIDEOS AND OTHER GREAT STUFF! I AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO SHIP ITEMS TOGETHER! WIN MORE AND SAVE ON SHIPPING!

Well, I posted that I had won 12 UK Official Sega Saturn magazines last week.

There seems to be a problem.

The shipping for 1 magazine is ?6.5, but the seller mentioned that he would combine shipping when you bought more than 1 item.

So when I check out, I get over ?80 on shipping charges.

You'd think, no problem. Just send him a message....

Well, I have sent him 5 or 6 messages and emails about this, and he simply doesn't answer me. :angry:

Not sure what the problem is but I noticed a couple of other people mentioned this in his feedback, although not that many.

The thing is that I'm absolutely not going to pay ?80 for shipping a couple of magazines when I've got a parcel on the way with 2 Japanese Saturns, 1 Japanese Dreamcast, a PC-Engine arcade stick, a Neo-Geo AES original stick, a Saturn Virtua Stick, 4 GBA's and a whole bunch of Japanese retro games, all for ?55!

So it looks like I won't be getting these mags... I'm even a bit scared about him complaining about me to e-bay, claiming I'm a non-payer. :(

I do have a mention on the items, that I sent him an email asking for the price on the 19th and the 22nd, so I hope they will understand it's not my fault. <_<

Allright, a small update on the situation.

I just got a reply with the new shipping price. Huray :lol:

Now the only problem is that my paypal account is acting up and refusing to send him the money, even though I know for sure that my Visa is perfectly fine.

Hopefully I'll be able to pay with an international bank to bank transfer or otherwise I will have another major probem... :cry:

• Retromags Curator

WON!

d0cc1ez5.jpg

Up for auction are 12 back issues of Gamepro magazine from 1993. They cover all the classic game systems like NES, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, Gameboy and others! These are from my personal collection of retro game mags. They are in good to fair condition and most contain posters or other items. Look at the pictures below! A must have for the classic gaming enthusiast. Great to relive your childhood games and all the fun you had! I accept Paypal and money orders and buyer pays $10.00S+H. Please email me with any questions. Thanks for looking at my auction.

• Retromags Curator

WON!

8cad1gb8.jpg

Up for auction is the Starfox 64 Promotional VHS Videocassette. This video was mailed to Nintendo Power magazine subscribers in 1997 to promote the release of Nintendo's new game Starfox 64 and the Rumble Pak accessory for the Nintendo 64 videogame system. The video divulges information about game and the Rumble Pak through a clever sequence where spies from Sega and Sony kidnap Nintendo representatives and pump them for information. This video would make a nice addition to any Nintendo collection. All components included in this auction are listed below with a rating of their condition out of 10 with 10 being the highest:

* Box (8/10 no rips or bent sides, some wear around edges from handling/opening the box)

* Videocassette (9/10 plays perfectly with high-quality video and sound)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, seems like I won't be getting those magazines after all.

He doesn't reply to any of my messages, even though I paid for everything.

I even sent a complaint to paypal, but he doesn't seem to be replying to that either. :lol:

Thanks to Pulstar over at UG forwarding me the auction.

Now lets hope this transaction goes as it's supposed to go. :P

Looks like the paypal claim worked after all.

Received my first batch of 12 Official Sega Saturn Magazines this morning.

Couple that with the 15 that should be underway right now and the 3 that a friend of mine is going to ship me next month or so we're coming close to a complete collection. :)

The only ones I'm missing are 8,9,24 and 35 so if any of you have these and would like to donate them. You're very welcome.

I've been scanning the covers this afternoon, but some are in pretty bad shape, so they require major touchup work, especially the covers.

But don't worry, the releases will start rolling out, hopefully starting again next week.

To give you an idea of how much work goes into them, download this 2 page before/after CBR:

http://download.yousendit.com/45742B6456BD5B60

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

NICE FIND!!!!!!

In NM condition, this is a 3pack, at a value price. All three issues, including the great Joe Montana on the Winter 90-91' cover.

Priced to sell!!

FREE SHIPPING!!!

f7e21qa5.jpg

I swear I couldnt sign in fast enough to ebay, That was a sweet deal for $8 shipped!!!!!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just won 2 separate auctions for 5 issues each of the Official DreamCast Magazine from the UK.

Not sure how many mags were released at the time, but what I do know is that Ed lomas from the glorydays of CVG and Official Sega Saturn Magazine and Alex Huhtala and Tom Guise from the best years of CVG worked on this magazine, among others. :w00t:

I only had a couple of issues in pretty bad condition, but if things keep going like they are, that will surely change in the next couple of months.

The issues are: 7, 8, 9, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20 & 21

8d64_1.jpg

8b99_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Issue 24 has just arrived!

It was a tricky one, as I had only seen this issue once before on sale.

But as you can see it's on the bottom of this pile of 3 magazines, so unless you know exactly what you're looking for you could think that the bottom one was issue 4 with Panzer DragoonZwei on it instead of Issue 24 with Panzer Dragoon Saga as they look much alike frow what you can only see in this picture. :cat:

1512_1.JPG