Entire Nintendo Power Advance Magazine Auction!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Another chance for Retromags to acquire a nice set of magazines for scanning. Anyone who purchases this auction and has it sent to me for scanning will be granted a 1 year Premium Membership. If a few members group together and purchase this auction they will each be given Premium Memberships.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Power-Advance...1QQcmdZViewItem

2c701dd4.jpg

• Retromags Curator
this may be poking a raw nerve but these are already up on UG

http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=8583

gomen.

Well I hadnt seen that :unsure:

Anyways No bad feelings, this just puts this auction at a lower priority. I mean I would still like to release them under the Retromags title, but I would never rip off anyone elses work by just copying them.

• Retromags Curator
its just the UG people tend to get peeved if you release something that is already seeding. :P

Right Now I am concentrating on providing a little taste of everything on this site, But I will be moving back to Nintendo Power very soon , And I am gonna fucking finish that set. All Missing Issues, All Missing Comics, All Missing Covers, All Missing Posters.......will be scanned and released!

I am gonna do quality control and compare each scanned release to its physical counterpart, Starting with Issue 001 and moving forward 1 issue at a time......Every 50 Issues will be released out as a Near Final Torrent. So the final 3 torrents will be

Nintendo Power Issues 001-050

Nintendo Power Issues 051-100

Nintendo Power Issues 101-150

Nintendo Power Issues 151

Nintendo Power Issues 152

Nintendo Power Issues 153

Nintendo Power Issues 154

Nintendo Power Issues 155

Nintendo Power Issues 156

Nintendo Power Issues 157

Nintendo Power Advance Will be placed in the corresponding set. Now back to my comment about "Near Final Torrent", The reason I say it as Near Final is because there will be two run thru's of the Nintendo Power Set. The First quality check will just be for missing pieces, The Second quality check will be an very critical look at the set to eliminate the following

Crooked Pages

Dog eared pages

Creased Pages

Minor Ripped Pages

Color/Brightness/Contrast Issues

etc...

We will go thru each issue and try to create the Perfect Set :D

Every 50 Issues will be released out as a Near Final Torrent. So the final 3 torrents will be

Nintendo Power Issues 001-050

Nintendo Power Issues 051-100

Nintendo Power Issues 101-150

Nintendo Power Issues 151

Nintendo Power Issues 152

Nintendo Power Issues 153

Nintendo Power Issues 154

Nintendo Power Issues 155

Nintendo Power Issues 156

Nintendo Power Issues 157

Cool. I'm still seeding the large torrent (with some of the fun club issues, NP issues 1-45, and some supplements but a lot of missing stuff) and I've been hoping for a more organized re-release so that I can let that one die off. I've uploaded a total of 168 GB on that one. That's in addition to the 190 GB uploaded on the 1988-1998 yearly sets. My uTorrent window is getting cluttered.

Also, It would be nice if we could get a golden torrent on google. :) Not only is it prestigious but golden torrents tent to be much more likely to survive and be well seeded.

• Retromags Curator
Cool. I'm still seeding the large torrent (with some of the fun club issues, NP issues 1-45, and some supplements but a lot of missing stuff) and I've been hoping for a more organized re-release so that I can let that one die off. I've uploaded a total of 168 GB on that one. That's in addition to the 190 GB uploaded on the 1988-1998 yearly sets. My uTorrent window is getting cluttered.

Also, It would be nice if we could get a golden torrent on UG. :) Not only is it prestigious but golden torrents tent to be much more likely to survive and be well seeded.

I am in the progress of trying to get the Fun Club collection finished too, I know most of you guys may think that the 7 magazines already scanned were everything, but there is also something that Pre-dated the Fun Club issues, I believe it was power flash magazine or something simular. Once I get those issues aquired I will release a final Fun club torrent :D

there is also something that Pre-dated the Fun Club issues, I believe it was power flash magazine or something simular. Once I get those issues aquired I will release a final Fun club torrent :D

Wow, I had no idea that there were any pre-fun club publications. I'd love to see that!

410a1byk3.jpg

That looks incredible! :lol:

I've got a whole bunch of European Club Nintendo magazines from the nes years and the start of the Snes are, the downside is that they are all in Dutch... That's good for me, but I don't think any of you would be much with them.

The silver lining is that these were distributed in pretty much all of Europe, so there is an English language version of these out there. So far I've seen English, German, Portugese I believe, French and Dutch versions.

Every single one is the same, except for the language. :)

Those look interesting. They must have been released alongside NP rather than before since Dr. Mario, SMB3, and the Power Glove all came out after NP was officially started. Still, they look cool and publications from that time span are pretty hard to find. I'm looking forward to seeing them scanned and distributed. :)

• Retromags Curator
Those look interesting. They must have been released alongside NP rather than before since Dr. Mario, SMB3, and the Power Glove all came out after NP was officially started. Still, they look cool and publications from that time span are pretty hard to find. I'm looking forward to seeing them scanned and distributed. :)

Now that I am looking at the dates of NFC, NPF, NP.....I think these were something that possible buffered the space between NFC and NP? Anyways Its something that needs to be included in the set. The Next time i see Issue 001 of Nintendo Fun Club......its mine!

• 2 months later...