• Playstation Portable (Firmware)
    • Playstation Portable (Chip)
    • Playstation

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a modded XBOX which I mainly use for XBOX Media Centre and emulators. I'd say it has to be one of my better purchases. As much as I like to dabble with emulators on the PC, it's nice to sit in the comfort of my sofa and fire up the Speccy emulator for a game of Jet Set Willy (not to mention my other half really doesn't like it when I get out any of my retro consoles!).

I've also got a flash cart for my GBA, and one for the DS. I think I should have done a bit more research on those purchases though as the GBA flash cart requires completely erasing to program another game on to it (which takes a good 20 minutes) and the DS has a Datel Max Media Dock with a 1GB CF card. Unfortunately it isn't much cop and rarely works. Guess that's what I get for buying the cheap options.

I am considering modding my Saturn, although it's the model which doesn't seem to be compatible with mod chips. Saying that, I'm still tempted to to the region and 50/60Hz mod when I finally get a scart cable for it.

Rob

Dreamcast, PSP, DS and Xbox.

The way that the Dreamcast only needed a modchip to play original copies of imports kind of proves how stupid the whole region protection thing is. Given there are always going to be decent games only released in certain territories, and that anyone wishing to play them would have to make a clear choice between getting their expensive console chipped and buying a bootleg copy, it's a bit of a no-brainer for most people. And yet, picking up imported 360 games is still a bit of a lottery, as some are still region locked. Gah.

• 2 weeks later...