Nintendo Power Dvd Cover Preview:

Dawg

Here is what I made the other day and printed on Glossy Photo Paper. The only thing is, glossy of course is sticky and sticks to the plastic overlay of the dvd case. Maybe printing it on Matte Photo Paper would be better.

This is just a small preview. If anybody wants the full version, let me know and maybe RetroMags can host it on their FTP server?

I want to make several other covers of different mags as well, maybe even variations.

nintendopower_dvdcover_sm.gif

-Dawg

• Retromags Curator

Thats a pretty awesome idea, I am in the progress of trying to buy issue 1 of Nintendo Power, I want to get a better set of covers then whats currently being used, Once I get one I will let you know so you can update it. Wonder if we can work the Retromags.com into that picture somehow ..... ;)

Thats a pretty awesome idea, I am in the progress of trying to buy issue 1 of Nintendo Power, I want to get a better set of covers then whats currently being used, Once I get one I will let you know so you can update it. Wonder if we can work the Retromags.com into that picture somehow ..... ;)

I can do whatever you want, or at least give my best shot at it. :) I want to do dvd covers for EGM, GamePro, etc. I even made one up for Nes emulator/rom collection if one desires and it is modelled after the original Nes game pak boxes with the star background! I plan on doing others for Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, etc.

I can hardly wait until you get all of the issues of such mags as EGM or GamePro, even though it may take awhile. (I use to have a lot of those issues, but I threw them out years ago because I didn't have room. Now I want them back!!) :unsure:

Oh well, at least digital copies do not take up much room. One thing I tried out was to change the file extension to the original rar files of Nintendo Power that I downloaded before to .CBR. This is a comic book reader extension and it works perfectly! I think it is better than PDF, because it is opened huge to begin with and you can scroll or flip through the pages. (They are still JPGs in the RAR renamed CBR file.)

Couple of other things, I have been working on my own video-game database site for years now. It has never been online and has been through many format changes. I want to get all the info I can on every video game ever released in the U.S. (And have a page for other countries that differ.) This will hopefully also include computer and arcade titles. It is a massive project, but one that will hopefully have box scans, title screens, screenshots, codes, cheats, passwords, walk-throughs, game title info, etc.

Also, check out issue 18, 1990 nov-dec of Nintendo Power with Dr. Mario on the cover in the back of the mag where it shows the winners of a previous contest. I am one of the third prize winners, Darrin Patterson of St.Louisville, OH!

I got the Nester t-shirt they were giving away back then! Pretty cool and I still have the shirt! (Excellent condition!)

Before I go, if we work on some things together as you mentioned, do I get FTP access?

Thanks!

BTW- If you didn't know, Graphic Imaging Technology Inc. (www.gitcorp.com), has released 53 years of MAD Magazine on one DVD and 40 years of Spider-Man. They have several others in the works as well. I thought that was pretty awesome in itself!

Keep up the good work!

-Dawg

Wow cover looks great keep up the good work. I know I would like to get a copy of your cover for NP issues.

SnakeStorm

I can try and upload the full version to my own FTP server later. I may alter it slightly before then though. I can take Philly's advice and add the Retromags logo into it, maybe in the punch blast that Mario does?

To get it to print correctly, in dvd dimension size, you need to set your paper size to print at like 7.2 x 10.6. (I don't remember the exact measurements, I can look later, but just do a Google search for dvd cover dimensions for the correct size- that is what I did!)

TO PHILLY:

If you are interested in hosting my video game site and maybe incorporate the Retromags logo, etc into it, let me know. I originally thought of Classic Gaming.com, but I heard some bad things about them.

The only thing is though, if you want to make it a Wiki site, it would be great for anyone to add to obviously and to help out, but of course there would be those who will vandalise it. And, the format I am using isn't sit up like Wikis anyway, because I use forms and the like.

I don't know, I want to get it live someday, even though I haven't got too far with it yet since I have been revising it for years. I hope to be at the point that I like what I have and get into the games more.

Let me know!

-Dawg

• 4 weeks later...