Need Help With Nintendo Power Issue 001

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

As many of you know I am currently going through the Nintendo Power set and checking for errors and consistency. I don't own the first issue of Nintendo Power, I own issues 002-130, So what I need is one of these two things from the members of Retromags.....

1) I need someone that owns the first issue of Nintendo Power to tell me the following things

a) Is the players poll at the back of the issue seriously being counted as a page? Or are we missing pages 89-90?

b)The zelda map that falls between pages 35-35....Is that poster a pullout, and is there anything on the opposite sides?

c) Can someone with a decent copy rescan the covers of Issue 001?

d) Can someone confirm there is no supplement in this issue?

e) Can someone confirm that the front page is counted as page 001 and not 000?

2) Or I need 2 people to donate $5 each so that I can buy the first issue of Nintendo Power, and I can check myself (I would buy it myself , But I have my hands in other auctions right now and don't have the extra money) Link to Donate!

As I said, I personally own the next 130 issues....so this is my speed bump right now :unhappy:

Yeah, spoonman's a very cool guy, I'm sure he'll help out.

I would buy the magazine myself were it not that I'm at my Visa limit right now.

Just tried to buy a couple of Asian Extreme scary movies and Yakuza flicks yesterday and my card bounced.

Gonna have to wait until next month before I can buy anything.

Seems like my spending spree has finally caught up with me. :unhappy:

• 1 month later...
As many of you know I am currently going through the Nintendo Power set and checking for errors and consistency. I don't own the first issue of Nintendo Power, I own issues 002-130, So what I need is one of these two things from the members of Retromags.....

1) I need someone that owns the first issue of Nintendo Power to tell me the following things

a) Is the players poll at the back of the issue seriously being counted as a page? Or are we missing pages 89-90?

b)The zelda map that falls between pages 35-35....Is that poster a pullout, and is there anything on the opposite sides?

c) Can someone with a decent copy rescan the covers of Issue 001?

d) Can someone confirm there is no supplement in this issue?

e) Can someone confirm that the front page is counted as page 001 and not 000?

2) Or I need 2 people to donate $5 each so that I can buy the first issue of Nintendo Power, and I can check myself (I would buy it myself , But I have my hands in other auctions right now and don't have the extra money) Link to Donate!

As I said, I personally own the next 130 issues....so this is my speed bump right now :unhappy:

Not sure if you've received answers to these yet, but if not...

a) The player's poll is indeed counted as pages 89 and 90

B) The Zelda map is counted as pages 35-36-37 (the Zelda map side) and the reverse is considered 38-39-40 (generic baseball artwork poster with box covers of RBI, MLB, and Bases Loaded flanking this artwork on the left side).

c) I can do so, one of the copies I own doesn't have an address label on the front.

d) If you mean a supplement to account for pages 89/90, no there's not. There is a subscription card area that accounts for pages 106-109.

e) Front page is page 001

Let me know if this helps. I love NP - I own issues 1-178, excluding issue 86. I'm certainly willing to de-bind the newer issues if they still need to be scanned.

There is also rumored to exist a "proto" issue #1 that has an illustration of the clay scene on the normal #1. You can see this mockup on page 002 - the female game counselor is reading it.

Ha yeah... I was looking at that photo you're talking about last week. It never even came to me as thinking that the fake magazine he was looking at would still exist.

I too can scan the cover if need be. Kinda late now or I would do it now my wife is in bed and I keep my scaner in the bedroom by my desktop.

Ha yeah... I was looking at that photo you're talking about last week. It never even came to me as thinking that the fake magazine he was looking at would still exist.

I too can scan the cover if need be. Kinda late now or I would do it now my wife is in bed and I keep my scaner in the bedroom by my desktop.

What a freaky coincidence...that's the same reason why I can't scan it in right now.

I went to scan it today and when I pulled it out it had a big white crease that I don't remember being there so if TresHombres has a better looking one I'd prefer he scan it. If not I can scan it and just take a bit of work cleaning it up with the clone brush.