Collecting Nintendo Video Game Franchises..

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

I want to start collecting the major nintendo franchises.......I want to basically own all the Mario, Zelda and Metroid games in existence. I just need to make sure I have a complete list. I am not going to be collecting ports or clones........and in order for it to be considered the main character has to be playable or in the name of the game

So lets take Mario games....

Super Mario Land 3 = Would be on my list (has mario in the title) (even though you dont play as mario)

Punch Out = Would not be on my list (mario only makes an appearance)

Super Smash Bros. = Would be on my list because you can play as mario

Donkey Kong = Would be on my list because you play as mario

Donkey Kong JR = Would not be on my list because Mario only makes an appearance

So I need some help remembering the thousands of Mario games out there :lol:

So from the 3 major Nintendo Franchises I will list what I have vs missing so far.

Mario

Super Mario Bros -NES

Super Mario Bros 2 -NES

Super Mario Bros 3- NES

Super Mario World -SNES

Super Mario 64- N64

Super Mario Sunshine- GC

Super Mario Land 2- GB

Smash Bros -N64

Super Smash Bros- GC

Super Mario Kart- SNES

Super Mario Kart- DS

Super Mario Kart 64 -N64

Super Mario Kart- GC

Super Mario Strikers- Wii

Super Paper Mario -Wii

Mario Bros

Super Mario Land

New Super Mario Bros

Donkey Kong

Golf

Dr Mario

Mario Paint

Marios Time Machine

Mario Tennis

Mario Clash

Mario Picross

Mario Picross 2

Super Mario World 2

Super Mario RPG

Mario Party

Mario Golf

Mario Tennis

Mario Party 3

Paper Mario

Mario Party 4

Mario Party 5

Mario Golf

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Mario vs Donkey Kong

Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Mario Pinball Land

Mario Power Tennis

Mario Party 6

Mario Party Advance

Mario Super Stars Baseball

Mario Party 7

Mario and Luigi Partners In Time

Mario Strikers

SSX on Tour

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Mario vs Donkey Kong 2

Mario Party 8

Zelda

Legend Of Zelda- NES

The Adventure Of Link -NES

Ocarina Of Time - N64

Majora's Mask - N64

The Wind waker - GC

Twilight Princess - Wii

Phantom Hourglass -DS

Soul Calibur II -GC

Zelda DX -GB

Oracle of Seasons -GBC

Oracle of Ages - GBC

Link to The Past -SNES

The Four Swords - GC

The Minish Cap- GBA

The Faces of Evil -CDi

The Wand of Gamelon-CDi

Zelda's Adventure -CDi

Metroid

Metroid -NES

Metroid II: Return Of Samus- GB

Metroid Prime-GC

Super Metroid-SNES

Zero Mission -GBA

Prime Pinball-DS

Prime Hunters-DS

Prime 2 Echoes-GC

Prime 3 Corruption-Wii

Fusion-GBA

After I get these Finished I am going to move onto Castlevania and Final Fantasy

I'd certainly get the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 game that should be online right now for the Wii in the USA. Great game, Extremely difficult, but great. :happy:

If you want to get a Virtual Boy, certainly check out Mario Tennis, Galactic Pinball (play as Samus in one of the table's bonus modes).

And I would do myself a big favor if I were you and simply brand the CDi games as unofficial crap in my mind.

They were developed by Philips themselves and do nothing more than degrade the franchises that they are supposed to be part of.

If they had been actual Nintendo games and still be this way, I would include them, but like they are now I'd simply remove them from my memory and pretend they never existed. :wink:

If however you do want to torture yourself with the CDi stuff, include Hotel Mario. :fear:

Ah, I'm getting Phantom Hourglass in 2 weeks when it's released over here. :happy:

The only Zelda games I haven't finished so far are the 2 GBC ones from Capcom and The Minish Cap on GBA.

Oh and I'm at the final "dungeon" in Twilight Princess.

• Retromags Curator
Ah, I'm getting Phantom Hourglass in 2 weeks when it's released over here. :happy:

The only Zelda games I haven't finished so far are the 2 GBC ones from Capcom and The Minish Cap on GBA.

Oh and I'm at the final "dungeon" in Twilight Princess.

I havent touched my copy of Twilight Princess in months :unhappy:

I am at the point where I just got the suit and now can swim underwater to that cave, I got fustrated because I couldnt figure out how to blow up the rock that was blocking the entrance. I had tried everything and just sort of never got back into playing it since then.

Maybe after I get done with PH, I will go back and finish up TP

Ah yes, if I remember correctly you need to put on the heavy boots and destroy a rock or something in front of the opening.

Then a stream of bubbles will appear from the ground, and if you put another water bomb in the stream, it will float up to the blocked entrance and blow up the rock that's blocking it.

My biggest problem with Zelda TP is to get as far as to actually start playing it again.

It's very strange, but when I have actually started, I can easily play it for 5-6 hours straight, but for some reason I'm always a bit hesitant to plug the game in. :blink:

I think this may have to do with the fact that I simply don't want to finish the game since I know it will be such a long wait for the next one...

But seeing that Phantom Hourglass is coming out very soon makes me want to dive back into Hyrule this weekend and finally find the final showdown. :laughing:

Can't wait for Mario Galaxy as well. There are several new gameplay videos on the japanese homepage which apparently look absolutely unbelievable, but I don't want to see any more of the game before I can play it myself.

There's something special about going into a certain area you know nothing about and being completely blown away, instead of knowing what to expect because you've seen too much of the game already 6 months before you had bought it.

For anyone who wants to see the new videos, they are right here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmgj/prologue/index03.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rmgj/action/index.html

Perhaps you can click on some of the links to get more, but I don't want to test it out myself.

I'm so glad to see that the team that made Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is doing this game and still has so much inspiration in them to deliver something that seems to be totally mindblowing.

99% sure this will be my game of the year. :grin:

• 1 month later...

You left out Wrecking Crew. That was an awesome game for the NES...

I have Mario Party 7 for GC, but have Mario Party 8 for Wii, and since i do not collect, and also do not think that my girlfriend will mind (her game), I'll Sell you my Mario Party 7. Name your price what you feel would be a great deal for you. Add some shipping and you got the game. Just send me a Message if you are interested Phillyman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally finished Zelda Twilight Princess a couple weeks back.

It was kind of bittersweet. Love the game to bits, but I'm sad it's over.

Knowing that it might be a couple years before we see another console Zelda...

Oh well, perhaps now is the perfect time to pick Phantom Hourglass back up. Played it for an hour or 2 and it seems incredible.

For some reason the game gives me a the original Legend Of Zelda feeling from the very first NES game.

Strange I know. Seems like they chucked out everything that could possible clutter up the game and went back to basics, before starting to rebuild everything to the DS's strength.

• 3 weeks later...